New here from Pisgah Forest NC

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Kwaters

New here from Pisgah Forest NC

Post by Kwaters »

Hello Just wanted to thank y'all for the learning experience.
I've been fly fishing off and on for at least 10 years. Since I've moved to the Pisgah Forest area, I've taken a fly only approach to fishing so I'm having fun and always looking to learn
Thanks again!
Kevin

MNJoe
Sport

Re: New here from Pisgah Forest NC

Post by MNJoe »

Welcome Kevin

I started my fly fishing interest after going to visit my sister in Candler and forgetting my bike shoes. Not knowing what to do with myself, I picked up a cheap fly rod and started my journey. Comical attempts at self teaching that is cringe worthy in retrospect

Joe

Dr_Don
Sport

Post by Dr_Don »

Hi, Kevin -

Welcome to the forum. I live not too far away, in Scaly Mountain, NC near Highlands. Look forward to reading your posts.

Don

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

You're a lucky man, Kevin! When my wife and I visited Asheville several years ago, I used a guide I located through Hunter Banks, and I had a wonderful day in your neck of the woods. And, you probably know about the Southern Appalachian Fly Guide by J.E.B. Hall. I think that would be a great spot to be as fishing season rolls around.

Enjoy!

Return to “Members Corner”