A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

scottymac

Post by scottymac »

Good evening!

I'm a new registered member.

Born, raised and still live in Santa Cruz county, CA.

My reason for joining is I found my grandpa's old fly fishing gear recently. It was stored in a big trunk in the back of my grandparent's garage.

I'm currently 60 years old and grandpa passed when I was a kid in 1968, so this stuff has pretty much been sitting for the past 45 years.

An old Phlueger 2094 reel. Still has the top of the box, missing the bottom part. The reel looks like it is in excellent condition. The original gun metal is all there, still very smooth, no scratches.

I took some pics, they might not do it justice. Let me know and I can take better photos.

Also an old Marshall bamboo fly rod case. This is pretty used. The handle with a fly rod mid section and three fly rod tips. Also what looks like a bamboo spinning rod tip. These all have seen some serious use. Looks like a lot more stuff came in the case but it's gone.

Here are the reel pics.....

Really not for sale...... I just retired and am starting to pick fishing, trout fishing, back up again.

I will post pics of the Marshall rod set.

Peace!!!

bellbird
Master Guide

Re: New Member

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

Dr_Don
Sport

Post by Dr_Don »

Welcome to the forum. So nice that you're picking up the family tradition of fly-fishing again. I'm sure you'll have many memorable adventures.

Regards,
Don

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome, scottymac!

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

Imagine, your grandfather's fishing spirit waiting for you all these years until you could retire. Welcome

scottymac

Post by scottymac »

My dad, who is now 94, worked for PG&E. Our family did annual summer vacation trips up the the PSEA camp near Big Bend, Ca. Camp Pit. That was back in the early 70's through the early 80's. We did a lot of fishing back then, remember my dad using this setup. He must have given it back to my grandmother who stored it away before she passed.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to reading some of your posts.
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

Welcome. Having my grandfather's old Montague is what got me started down this road.

Return to “Members Corner”