Just joined

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

grousechaser

Just joined

Post by grousechaser »

Hello All,
I've been fly fishing since I was 9, when I was introduced to the Upper Clyde River in Nova Scotia in 1962. I really got passionate about it when I realized what is and what is not important in Life. This is a very Class Act Forum and I would like to be part of it. I've been fishing the Catskills since the early 80s and am now retired so I plan to fish as much as I can. I enjoy trading stories and also I am an equipment hound like most of you. So that's it for now! Have a great season. Oh, and I've been a grouse hunter since age 12.

uniquafly
Master Guide

Re: Just joined

Post by uniquafly »

Welcome to the forum!

If your “equipment” preferences include bamboo then you’re in the right place. It’s great to see new members who, have an affection for collecting/using bamboo rods and classic tackle, sign on to the forum.
“He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman.”

Norman Maclean

Caneghost
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Just joined

Post by Caneghost »

Welcome grousechaser! I chase grouse in the Catskills myself though they are tough to find here! Wish I had hunted them for decades as perhaps I would find a few more, but the chase is sublime!

Fine wild trout are found much more regularly, all the better with bamboo and dry flies! May you have a fine season as well!
...a wink of gold like the glint of sunlight on polished cane...

brightwatercatskill.art.blog

Return to “Members Corner”