Another Returner

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

mhill

Another Returner

Post by mhill »

May be not as old as some, but I could retire very soon. Business and house remodeling and such nonsense has gotten in the way of fishing and just enjoying fly fishing stuff. Plus, a few old friends have passed and don't have as many to talk to. The old saturday confabs at the fly shop are no longer. I miss it all. I also do woodwork and recently was talking about turning some reel seat inserts and decided to inventory my "stock". For the most part working men's rods, but I have about 20 that need repair and refinishing and about 10 to build. I won't mention the planing forms, Lie-Nelson planes and stuff that haven't been used. I decided I need to do more than just smell the roses. So I'm a bit on a mission to get to working on rods, fishing, tying, and just enjoying the fly fishing world. First step was to attend the Bamboo Bash again in Townsend, but it appears cancelled. So was making reservations for the 2022 Bash. Hopefully, I will be around here more often. Decades ago I joined as Caneyscud, then rejoined again in 2019 as mhill and then got busy but hopefully getting more plugged in here
Life's a party and I'm the pinata!

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Another Returner

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Glad to have you back again - and this time it sounds like you landed.
Cheers and happy planing - Brian
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Use the SEARCH for justification and reasoning.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome back, mhill, and -- with your newfound time and perspective -- I hope you enjoy the journey!

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome back to the Forum. Keep on keeping on. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

NshTrtBum
Sport

Post by NshTrtBum »

Welcome back I returned after a long hiatus, but if you're login used to be Caney Scud it's been a very long time since scud were plentiful in that river. I was getting excite about a trip last year only to find that the river was in distress. I remember going to Fly Tyers weekend and got to meet Lefty...

If I can make it to Townsend later this year, I'll drop you a pm.
Brett

mhill

Post by mhill »

Ok, unfortunatley had a long assignment that took me out of town for a lengthy time, but now back again and am going to say no to any more out of town stuff. NshTrtBum you are right about the scuds on the Caney. It has been awhile, but I used to bring them up frequently at the Sat confabs and the nickname kinda stuck. That fly tyers weekend with Lefty - I had to be out of town. Mom was in the hospital - so I had to very, very, very, unfortunately miss the opportunity.
Life's a party and I'm the pinata!

Return to “Members Corner”