New in town…

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Mayoroco

New in town…

Post by Mayoroco »

Howdy. My name is Dave and I’ve been lurking around here the last few months; figured it’s time to intro. I’ve been flyfishing since 2007 but just recently got the bamboo sickness, for which which I blame and credit my friend and neighbor, Lee. I’ve been asking questions in various parts of the forum and I appreciate everyone’s help in getting answers as I add to my knowledge base about my new obsession. I started flyfishing on Boulder Creek and caught my first fish on a fly between 28th and 30th Streets in Boulder, CO. I used to work just down the street from Mike Clark’s shop in Lyons and I remember seeing all the vintage rods (and their prices), thinking this is way beyond me. I’ve been lucky to live in places where I’ve had access to great trout water in Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and as of a couple years ago, New Mexico. The bamboo, though…

I now have five rods and by the end of the coming week, eight reels. I think that’s enough for now but you know how that goes. Getting into bamboo has been a great re-boot to my flyfishing interest and thus my peace of mind. Flyfishing is the only thing that gets me out of my head completely, where I don’t worry about anything else (believe it or not, making beer for a living—at least the way I do it— isn’t stress-free); more than mountainbiking or anything else I participate in as an avocation. Throwing dry flies with bamboo to finicky trout on the San Juan is my new preferred therapy and I hope to increase the frequency of my appointments through the end of this year and beyond.

Thanks for being such a welcoming group. I hope I can be of use to someone here at some point, and not just a knowledge-leach.

Dave Chichura
Corrales, NM
Uncle Dave

bellbird
Master Guide

Re: New in town…

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum, Dave. Enjoy. Cheers.

Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

Arubey
Guide

Post by Arubey »

"I now have five rods and by the end of the coming week, eight reels. I think that’s enough for now but you know how that goes."

A year or so from now, heading out to a local stream...

;)

Welcome to the forum, Dave!

-Andy
A. Rubey Rod Co.
rubeyrods.com

Mayoroco

Post by Mayoroco »

Ha HA!! Thanks Andy and Earl
Uncle Dave

salmonid1
Guide

Post by salmonid1 »

Dave, Welcome to the Forum. To feed your newly found habit, I suggest visiting my website. www.jordan-millsrodco.com

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome, Dave! You're a lucky man! My sister lives in your neck o' the woods, and I've done some fishing there while visiting her and her husband!

Return to “Members Corner”