Hello from Georgia!

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

flyfishinfred

Hello from Georgia!

Post by flyfishinfred »

Just wanted to say hello!! What is it about these bamboo rods that intrigues us? I was fishing a stream today and ran into an older couple as I was exiting and the Wife looked at me and then my rod and said - "That's Special, I can tell" I said "yes Ma'am, its made of Tonkin bamboo and was made by a kind of famous maker from Iowa of all places. Her husband chirped up and said he was a biologist from California and had relocated to my hometown of Roswell, GA. I gave him my best intro to the stream and the federal land he was hiking. He told me about entomology and eco systems. It seemed like a fair trade. Something always interesting will happen if you fish enough. Here is the rod I was fishing. 8" 5WT ( Pine River made by SP himself )

Savor every cast!

Fred

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Hello from Georgia!

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Glad to have you - pull up a chair.
Hope to see you on stream!
Cheers - Brian
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

Return to “Members Corner”