New here

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Wetterstein

New here

Post by Wetterstein »

Hello,
My name is Fred, I'm a 46 yo French angler living in Paris, spending most of my free time fishing on (very) small creeks in NW France and some other places in Europe, using bamboo and classic tackle (even for my own fly tying) for several years, simply because bamboo is the best for my way of fishing, and it's so beautiful in many aspects. I used to fish in various places in the States when I was a kid with my father, from the catskill to the West (took my firs trout at 3, in Colorado). Hope to get back here when it will be possible again... Most of my rods are between 6 and 7.6 ft for 2 to 5 line. My favorite rods and most used rods are a T&T Caenis 6,5 ft for 4 line (Maxwell era) I fish with in the early season but this rod is so wonderful I could use it everytime... A smart Don Andersen 6ft 2wt rod for my summer and difficult water conditions sessions here in France (most of my streams are very brushy with tiny windows to cast when it"s even possible...), and a Scott SC rod 7.2 ft 3 line for delicate presentations on a larger river I fish during fall, very nice for grayling. I have a predilection for progressive and smooth tapered rods. I also use G.Maurer and Bobby Taylor rods, and some other fine ones. Every aspects of bamboo interest me, crafting, tapers and of course history of this noble and funny activity. I apologize for my approximative sense of English syntax, thank you for reading me, and thanks to the CCF staff to have accept my membership!
All the best to all,

Fred.

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: New here

Post by fefferje »

Welcome Fred. You have very good taste in bamboo. My brother and his wife live in France. When we visited him I saw some nice rivers in Brittany, but was not there to fish. We were also in Aubusson and there was a very nice river going through town. I’d
love to go back and fish some. We visited Mike and Jean Brooks who make Phoenix fly lines. They run a nice place for guests in Parc du Pins. I’m glad you are joining us. Welcome!!!! Jed
Fefferfly

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

euroflyangler_paul
Guide

Post by euroflyangler_paul »

Welcome to THE Forum, reading your introduction I am certain you will feel very much at home here. Cheers, Paul
"If I go fishing, my wife is going to leave me. I'll miss her."

http://euroflyangler.com
https://www.instagram.com/classicflyangler/

euroflyangler_paul
Guide

Post by euroflyangler_paul »

Welcome to THE Forum, reading your introduction I am certain you will feel very much at home here. Cheers, Paul
"If I go fishing, my wife is going to leave me. I'll miss her."

http://euroflyangler.com
https://www.instagram.com/classicflyangler/

Kenneth
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Kenneth »

Bienvenu, Fred!

Kenneth

vintagetackle1979

Post by vintagetackle1979 »

Good morning, Fred. Welcome. You have many new friends her. I, too, am Fred.
Need is NEVER a factor!

Wetterstein

Post by Wetterstein »

Thank you all for your warm words! Actually? I already feel home here ;-)
Hope everybody have a nice late trout season.
All the best to all!

Fred.

McHull
Master Guide

Post by McHull »

Welcome Fred!
You have some beautiful rivers in NW France. I wish I had a fly rod when I visited that area.

Matt
In the night I dreamed of trout-fishing - The Maine Woods - Henry David Thoreau

Wetterstein

Post by Wetterstein »

Thanks Matt! If coming back in France, just tell me and yes, take (tiny) bamboo rod, I'll bring you to one or two nice creeks here. Unfortunately, climatic issues go fast as in most parts of the world, and this year was a much more difficult season (less insects, less trouts, messy waters...).
All the best,

Fred.

Return to “Members Corner”