New to Forum: Hello

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

j.robillard
Guide

New to Forum: Hello

Post by j.robillard »

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and also to fly fishing. I was fortunate enough to be raised in Bellingham, WA. Up until my twenties, I fished heavily with my father, and all on spinner rigs. I came to fly fishing this year, and needless to say I'm all in and loving it. I'm a lifelong distance runner, with a focus on trails and mountaineering. I've put over 27,000 miles on my legs in the last 25-30 years. At this point, I need to balance my running with something else, and fly fishing has been the perfect thing. My body is thanking me, and I hope to be able to traverse mountains well into my later life. I like fishing harder to reach bodies of water in my area, which is NW and Central Oregon. I have only one rod, a 480 Classic Trout and one reel, an SA 456 (BFR). I'm an environmentalist and some might say minimalist. In essence, I don't like lots of stuff and I respect nature. This past year I've spent countless hours reading posts in this forum. It is a wealth of knowledge, and Your posts have helped shape my views on fishing. I practice catch and release, and respect quality blue-collar gear that can last a lifetime. At some point, I'll treat myself to a bamboo rod and a lovely CFO to balance it. Thanks for reading!

Take Care,
Jeremy Robillard.
The fly rod not only catches trout; it is a handy fulcrum allowing me to cast to those things that seem so far beyond my grasp.

-Harry Middleton.

sodbank
Master Guide

Re: New to Forum: Hello

Post by sodbank »

Welcome to the forum !

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

That special first bamboo rod and CFO reel...
wise you are to give this some time.

Welcome to the forum.

Ice cold water will feel great on those runners knees.
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Use the SEARCH for justification and reasoning.

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Welcome Jeremy. Good to have you aboard! Jed
Fefferfly

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome, Jeremy! I think you'll fit in fine here. Glad to have you aboard!

Return to “Members Corner”