"Wading Along the banks of time, Stick in hand" DVD

A place for members who build, repair or work on rods and reels. Please tell us about yourselves, your services and products and feel free to post links to your website or blogs.

Moderator: Titelines

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

"Wading Along the banks of time, Stick in hand" DVD

Post by Gnome »

After many requests I have started a multi-year project with the "Gnomes Travelling Rod Show" and that is a full-blown HD documentary of the traveling museum. Each rod shot in high definition with extreme closeups of markings and hardware. I Narrate as I am shooting each rod and this allows me to tell the story of each rod and how it came to be a part of the "GTRS".

Each rod is getting between 5 minutes and 15 minutes of air time and when the documentary is done I will then finish up the tech manual that will have the rod maps and technical information like the rod map I did for the little Orvis pack rod.

I am doing this because there are many members who may not ever get a chance to see the display in person, This gives those folks a chance to see the display and hear me talking about the rods. It is amazing to see a butt cap that is as big as your head on the big screen, truly a new way to look at rods.
If interested drop me a PM, the cost will be $25.00 per DVD including shipping and tax, and when done it will be a 15-25 volume set and for those who subscribe to the set at the end, they will receive a fitted wooden slipcase to hold the DVDs.

Thanks for your time and interest!!

first on the list from Facebook is Dave Norling, just not sure which Dave so they both will get copies;-)

Cheers
Jeff

Edit; 1st volume will be ready by the end of next week and I will start shipping right after that

Edit #2; out of country/overseas shipping at cost + $20.00 per dvd
Last edited by Gnome on 12/27/19 09:08, edited 2 times in total.

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: "Wading Along the banks of time, Stick in hand" DVD

Post by roycestearns »

Thanks for the chat, sign me up for the first CD.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Royce,

Many thanks and Thanks to all who have replied via PM. will be ready to start shipping on the 22nd or the 23rd of this month. And at that time I will start accepting payments,

Thanks again and I am excited about sharing this with my fellow anglers who love history and the collecting of it.

Jeff

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

And I am ready to start burning the first DVD's today, which means I am ready to start taking paid orders, The first set will cost $40.00 which includes shipping and tax all out of country orders will be charged actual shipping please inquire with your address so I can get an overseas shipping quote. My burner is telling me that it will take 2 discs to cover the first 21 rods, So after the first set, it will be $25.00 per disc including shipping and tax. I am really excited about how this is coming along, and I am learning more about the snakes hiding in the collection. All sets will be individually serial numbered and I will only sell them as sets no individual DVDs will be sold. So time to sign up for your subscription by sending in your first payment. All following DVDs will match your initial number, Set number 1 goes out today to Mr. George Holland, thanks to George and looking forward to your critique of this amateur filmmakers work. Passion is the main driving force behind this one as is education.
Checks or Postal Money order sent to;
J.L.Hatton 620 6th street Paonia CO 81428
or add $5.00 and send via paypal to JLHeggartbronze@gmail.com

1st set ships this morning along with a set for Mr. Robert Smith8-)

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

1st 10 sets have been shipped and I am working on case#3 and case #4 (case 3 is part of the Phase V expansion). Thanks to all who are taking this journey with me "Along the Banks of time, Stick in hand"

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Pentalux
Master Guide

Post by Pentalux »

These are fantastic!

Thank you for taking the time to do. Just watched the rods in case one - simply incredible -- the narrative combined with the extreme close ups of the rods is like hanging with the Gnome and getting a private viewing of the GTRS!

mer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by mer »

Pentalux wrote:These are fantastic!

Thank you for taking the time to do. Just watched the rods in case one - simply incredible -- the narrative combined with the extreme close ups of the rods is like hanging with the Gnome and getting a private viewing of the GTRS!
Yes, 1000x.
I'm almost wishing for more snow so I have an "excuse" to watch them on repeat.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Rob and Mike,
Many thanks and glad you are enjoying the walk along the banks of time with the gnome!!
The DVD for case 3 will be ready to ship on the 15th of January and then regular as clockwork every 15th thereafter the next disc in the set will be ready for shipping so for subscribers please send payment on the first of the month, Many thanks and I am enjoying putting this together even though it is over an hour per rod in set up and filming and then replacing the rod back into its proper place in the phase V expansion.

humbly yours

Jeff

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

When done the entire set will cost substantially more than the subscription price, So now is the time to get it at a discounted price.

Arubey
Guide

Post by Arubey »

Very nicely done Jeff! Your videos do a wonderful job of illustrating the evolution of rod making and design. I'm looking forward to the next installments!

best,
Andy
A. Rubey Rod Co.
rubeyrods.com

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Jeff, Keep at it, your technical, and documentary skills are obviously improving, even from disc 1 to disc 2. Continue to focus on your historical perspective, and any provenance that's available. This is a historical record!

snorider
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by snorider »

Very Cool project Gnome, Way to preserve this historical record of fly rods and fishing...
Leave it as it is. The ages have been at work on it and man can only mar it. T.R.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Royce and Andy and Michael,

Many thanks for the kind words, you can see it is a labor of love, done by a crazy gnome!!
There will be a step up in quality from disc 2 to disc 3, I figured out where the image stabilization button was, DooHHHPPP!!!! Thanks again to all who have subscribed to this wade along the banks of time stick in hand.

For my subscribers; Please send payment the first of the month starting in January as I will have DVDs ready to ship by the 15th and all will be shipped by the 21st.
Humbly your gnome
Jeff

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Drop-in and say hello, Probably best to contact me through my blog about the HIstorical project "Wading Along the Banks of time, Stick in Hand" Thanks

Jeff

https://gnomestravelingrodshow.blogspot ... nomes.html

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

cases 3 and 4 are done ;-) starting on #5

Franknrod
Guide

Post by Franknrod »

I received my DVD's and immediately "binge watched" both. They were both interesting and informative. After watching, I pulled out a very old ash/greenheart fly rod I got at a sportsman's flea market and was able to review how it was similar and different than the rods described on the dvds. What fun!

I am looking forward to the rest of the series!
Frank Payne

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Frank,

glad you are enjoying them and also using them for ID many thanks and looking forward to the unfolding adventure of the GTRS documentary

Jeff

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

Jeff,
Incredible project and a great narrator to boot. The information is priceless. I've never seen a presentation on rods even close to being this comprehensive and interesting. Thanks for everything. Keep them coming.
Mark

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Hey Jeff, I clicked the link a few posts above to watch the preview. It took me to your Facebook page but I couldn't see any video anywhere. Do you have somewhere I can click to view a short trailer?

Jeff

Return to “Rod and Reel Makers Forum”