"Wading Along the banks of time, Stick in hand" DVD

A place for members who build, repair or work on rods and reels. Please tell us about yourselves, your services and products and feel free to post links to your website or blogs.

Moderator: Titelines

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: "Wading Along the banks of time, Stick in hand" DVD

Post by Gnome »

only 5 copies of the first edition left to reserve. Is anyone interested?? Please drop me a line. And Thanks Ralph, you have a bunch of viewing in front of you!
1st edition is 46 copies with 2 Artist proofs.

+ I will donate 4 copies to museums,

With the right interest, I will do a second edition.

waltryan1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by waltryan1 »

I had the print the Gnome added to the looseleaf folder framed and picked it up yesterday. I was going to hang it over my flytying bench but Laura intervened and said it should go downstairs. Two hours later, after rearranging all the art in both the living room and the dining room it is in the dining room and almost everything else is in a slightly different place.
Walt

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Honored to no end! It made the dining room, there can be no higher compliment than that!! Please give Laura a hug from da gnome! speechless and can not say more (and that is a rare thing for the gnome!)

I have been asked to submit a few clips for the International Fly Fishing Film festival for next year, Yee Haw!!

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

Filming the introduction today and I am deep into the 1920s and 1930's, fishing season has slowed production a wee bit but will be done in the next month, shooting for the 15th of September which would be a great B-day present to myself. I am going to self publish the tech Manual and I have almost 35 tapers taken besides making progress on the documentary from the above time frame. Just filmed the 2 Ed Payne Touradif rods that were donated by MR Darrel Whitehead, Thanks Bro!!!

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

To get a taste of the documentary sign up for the catskill gathering which will help a very deserving organization.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

last 10 rods to be filmed this next week, yeehaw!!! then nothing but hard core graphics work to finish it all out. under a year to do it is an incredible feat.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

All filming done and about 60 rods into taper taking. And as a note to Walt, The story boards are with each taper, an elegant fix to that problem, Final shipments start by December 1st. only 1 more package coming and then this wee project is done. A truly unique look at the history of the fishing rod done by the Iconoclast Gnome.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: "Wading Along the banks of time, Stick in hand" DVD; RELEASE DELAYED!!

Post by Gnome »

Sad news!!

Dad Passed away last night peacefully after a very long and full life. This will delay the release of the final section of the documentary. Dad was a hardcore supporter of the GTRS and the documentary and there are so many people who have profited from his support of me, and my packing it all over the country. Please be patient with me during these trying times. And please honor the man that impacted so many here in ways they do not know. His support allowed the traveling museum to be seen by so many and most enjoyed it.
R.I.P. Jack Hiram Hatton 1924-2020, you will be deeply missed by your son and those that you gave your time and knowledge, and love too over your incredibly full and long life

steeliefool
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by steeliefool »

Condolences. Sorry for ur loss.

Gnome
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Gnome »

steeliefool wrote:
11/16/20 12:18
Condolences. Sorry for ur loss.

Steeliefool, Thanks he was a very special man.

JHolton
Sport

Post by JHolton »

Jeff,
Sue and I are very sorry to hear about your dad. We always looked forward to seeing him at CRR. He was a genuinely nice guy, something we need a lot more of. I guess Ralph Moon will now have another fishing buddy in heaven.
All our best wishes to you.
Jack

bambookill
Guide

Post by bambookill »

I just ran across this thread. How can I order this DVD?

jeffkn1
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jeffkn1 »

It's a series of DVD's, series because they were shipped out as they were completed. Send Gnome a PM for details and availability.

Return to “Rod and Reel Makers Forum”