Demarest Tonkin Cane Supply

A place for members who build, repair or work on rods and reels. Please tell us about yourselves, your services and products and feel free to post links to your website or blogs.

Moderator: Titelines

HNI

Demarest Tonkin Cane Supply

Post by HNI »

I have six plus bales of Demarest Tonkin cane. 12’ x 2-2.5”. Would love to find a new home for it eventually. Two bales were purchased in November 1982, and six in April 1991. They have been stored standing upright in our garage on the far northern California coast, and I would love to find someone who would purchase the lot. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

(I am still learning how to use the forum and don’t think I can post pictures.)

cdmoore
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Demarest Tonkin Cane Supply

Post by cdmoore »

Put an ad in the Classified section. You must include a price or trade options...it's the rules. I'm sure someone will take them off your hands.

HNI

Post by HNI »

Thanks, still trying to figure out a reasonable value.

Oddwhite

Post by Oddwhite »

Was wondering if you still have cane for sale as I could be interested int buying some.

Ron Barch
Guide

Post by Ron Barch »

I recently sold some Demarest cane 1992 culms cut in half, 2-2.5 inch dm. for 50.00 a culm. Your Vintage cane although kind of narrow could go for more. Lots of good rod makers on the West Coast could use that cane. That is my 2 cents worth. Ron/Alder Creek

perfesser
Guide

Post by perfesser »

Last edited by perfesser on 02/19/21 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Canewrap »

The original post is over a year old. Gotta think the bamboo is probably gone by now.

HNI

Post by HNI »

This bamboo is still available. I’m sorry I missed the recent replies. Thanks, Ron, for posting about what you have sold. Based on that I’m thinking $50 apiece for 10+ culms, since I have no way to judge the quality. It is all 12’ 2-2.5”. I do have the original invoices and correspondence with Demarest. Now that we are emerging from our pandemic year perhaps someone would like to travel to Arcata, California, to inspect and take some home.

Any advice is welcome!

cdulane

Post by cdulane »

Hello HNI,

Do you have any of these culms left? I'm about to dive into my first rod and wanted to know if you had a minimum order volume and/or willing to ship to Cleveland, Ohio. Thanks for your help.

Cody

StePhDen
Guide

Post by StePhDen »

Also in Cleveland, I could help fill out a minimum order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Rod and Reel Makers Forum”