Reel #5

A place for members who build, repair or work on rods and reels. Please tell us about yourselves, your services and products and feel free to post links to your website or blogs.

Moderator: Titelines

stoneflyer
Master Guide

Reel #5

Post by stoneflyer »

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all healthy and well. My newest reel is the second version of reel #2. I made the changes to the drag and frame to overcome some of the downfalls version 1 had.

It has dawned on me given my son's interest in WWII (much like myself being young in the 1980s and being a G.I Joe nut) that I am influenced by the machines and battles of the great wars, and more importantly, the men and women that served in them. Although my grandfather and all his brothers served in WWII AND came home, I never got the chance to meet any of them. My line of work has allowed me to meet many men and women that did serve and better people can't be found on this planet. True gems.

This reel reminds me of a submarine and nautical instrumentation. I have named the reel the U-3. It is 3" in diameter and has again copper accents. It sports a periscopic red agate and can be converted LHW and RHW. The adjustable check is used to protect tippet and any real braking must be applied by palming the fully exposed spool. Canada is now very cold and the rivers locked up, but I look forward to putting it to the test once conditions allow.

Adam

ImageUntitled by adam chow, on Flickr

jmcj1984
Guide

Re: Reel #5

Post by jmcj1984 »

Very well done looks nice

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Beautiful!

Rolski

Post by Rolski »

That’s another beauty Adam!

6tUc05
Master Guide

Post by 6tUc05 »

Nice!

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Boy Adam that is a gorgeous reel. It has a timeless design. I love the tooling work you did on rear panel of the reel. It creates a shell like image to the metal. I love the copper accents. The agate is strikingly beautiful and creates a light airiness to the reel. Did you offset the reel foot for a reason?? Are you thinking of making any of these for sale?? What might you charge?? Thanks Adam. Jed
Fefferfly

jim royston
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jim royston »

Unterseeboot Drei.

Return to “Rod and Reel Makers Forum”