CARSON forms and tools

A place for members who build, repair or work on rods and reels. Please tell us about yourselves, your services and products and feel free to post links to your website or blogs.

Moderator: Titelines

rkp444
Sport

CARSON forms and tools

Post by rkp444 »

We have CARSON planing forms in the Trout Fishing Museum in Lovells MI, and found some CARSON splice blocks the other day to add to the collection. Understand the CARSON brand name is a combination of Carmichael and Garrison for forms and tools sold by Hoagy Carmichael and Everett Garrison some years ago.
Would like to have the best info for for the material in the museum. Does anyone have the facts regarding CARSON forms and tools?
PM here or send response to rkpmffc@gmail.com
Txs
Richard Perry

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: CARSON forms and tools

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, 'The Great American Rod Shop' as I remember was who sold the Carson tools. I have a catalog somewhere I'm sure. I missed out on the 'push/pull' forms.

Edit: So, I found my catalog, and it has 'all the toys.' The woulda, coulda, shoulda, for me was the bronzed Perfection guides at $0.12 ea.

Jay Edwards
Last edited by bluesjay on 03/16/21 23:33, edited 1 time in total.

hoagy b carmichael
Guide

Post by hoagy b carmichael »

Hello Jay:

Yes, I happen to have the facts. Call me.

Hoagy 914 772-1902

RSalar
Guide

Post by RSalar »

I happen to have a couple

Testimony is like an arrow shot from a long-bow; the force of it depends on the strength of the hand that draws it. Argument is like an arrow from a cross-bow, which has equal force though shot by a child.” Bacon.

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, I have a set. The forms were maple and included a rough planing form, simple splicing block, the compound splicing block and the scarfing block. Looking in my catalog I also see an un-tapered adjustable steel form @ $155, [which I had already made.] A tapered form at 67" with differential screws which are marked 'sold out.' NS tubing @ 10 per 4 feet. Cork @ $17 per 100. A splitting tool, Belding Corticelli silk and parts for binders, and later a push/pull form were cataloged.

Jay Edwards

Return to “Rod and Reel Makers Forum”