Book for sale: Idyl of the Split Bamboo

A place to buy, sell, trade and place your wanted-to-buy ads for classic tackle. Ads have a 1 week time limit and are automatically deleted after that time. Running multiple identical ads is prohibited.

Moderators: czkid, bassman

Bill Lambot
Master Guide

Book for sale: Idyl of the Split Bamboo

Post by Bill Lambot »

The classic by Dr. George Parker Holden. Published 1919 as the first book in a limited-edition series called “Fly Fisherman’s Gold.” 13 chapters and 274 gilt-edged pages. 13 full page size illustrations-both photos and drawings, plus numerous small sketches. Faux leather cover with gilt art and copy. Decorative endpapers. Describes the properties of bamboo, step by step instructions for rod building and a consideration of related tackle. Completely pristine. $95 delivered.
Forum rules apply: all rods, reels, gear and sundries have 3-day unconditional inspection and return privileges. For a more complete description with additional photos email me at Billlambot@ gmail.com. I cannot send photos through YUKU. Please ask all your questions before you commit to buy. All purchases are carefully packed and shipped priority mail insured to CONUS only. I will hold an item on receipt of your email commitment and ship the day after your payment by MO or certified check is received.

Return to “The Classic Fly Rod Classifieds”