Fly Fishing Rod Manufacturing Company For Sale

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Fly Fishing Rod Manufacturing Company For Sale

Post by 3creeks »

David is just one more reason to love Sweetgrass!

Seabowisha Salmo T
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Seabowisha Salmo T »

Cane Head wrote:
01/08/17 10:21
PYochim wrote:Maybe Winston will buy it.
Love the irony associated with this!

Cane
jocularity, jocularity!!!
regards, jim w :)

mtdave
Guide

Post by mtdave »

Although I’ve brought a little experience to the bench, the techniques and skills of the craft that I’m learning from Glenn and Jerry have been invaluable. I’m so thankful for the patience and generosity from both Glenn and Christine.
Sweetgrass Rods will continue to be the foremost, production bamboo rod manufacturer, far into the future.
Happy planing,
David

henkverhaar
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by henkverhaar »

So just for my information, is Dave's bamboo business separate from his work for Sweetgrass? just curious...

billems
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by billems »

Sad to learn of it. Brackett broke off from Winston to keep the quality of his work intact. He's one of the masters, and came up through apprenticing with Morgan, the old fashioned/old world way of learning the craft. With the secrets of the craft fully available via books and the internet, there are amateur makers who are building terrific bamboo fly rods, and the number of builders is staggering.

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

billems wrote:
11/24/22 06:55
Sad to learn of it. Brackett broke off from Winston to keep the quality of his work intact. He's one of the masters, and came up through apprenticing with Morgan, the old fashioned/old world way of learning the craft. With the secrets of the craft fully available via books and the internet, there are amateur makers who are building terrific bamboo fly rods, and the number of builders is staggering.
The original post under the thread title is over 5 years old! All is well at Sweetgrass!

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”