Emeril's Coffee-Bourbon Sauce

As the name implies this is the Cooks Kitchen. A place to share your favorite recipes, preparations and secrets of how you cook, be it in the kitchen, the tailgate of your truck, shore lunch or campfire.

Moderators: Titelines, Ken M 44

flyfishermann1955
Bamboo Fanatic

Emeril's Coffee-Bourbon Sauce

Post by flyfishermann1955 »

I make this sauce by Emeril Lagasse twice a year. Once, in May, for the Kentucky Derby because we don't like Mint Juleps and then again in October because it's such a great time for grilling out here in Oklahoma.

My wife just came home from her errands and is commenting about how great the house smells! Use it on chicken, ribs, pork loin, or sausage; I think it would taste good on the bumper of your car. It's a tomato-based sauce, but with the coffee, brown sugar, boiled-down bourbon, and molasses, it's more "brown" then "red". Not "stupid hot", but it's not for little kids or sissies either--try it.

Thanks- Ken

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Emeril's Coffee-Bourbon Sauce

Post by fefferje »

Ken do you have a recipe for your sauce. It looks real good. Jed
Fefferfly

jhuskey
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by jhuskey »

Heck, gett'n old ain't fer sissies neither Ken. I'll google it, it sounds yummy.

John

flyfishermann1955
Bamboo Fanatic

Look here for Emeril's recipe:

http://emerils.com/125640/baby-back-rib ... ecue-sauce

I always make a double batch so I can give some away.

Thanks- Ken

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Thanks Ken for the link. Jed
Fefferfly

Bee
Master Guide

Post by Bee »

Completely different Emeril angle, but interesting:

Was watching from a distance as my son was casting to fish in the Blackberry Farm (5 star small hotel) waters. He got out of the stream and laid his rod and vest by the stream and walked back down the trail to look for our companion downstream.

In a few minutes I saw someone else fishing right in the water where my son had just left. I walked up the trail only to discover Emeril casting with my sons rod and wearing his vest. Since Blackberry is noted for fine cuisine , I immediately recognized him as the hotel guest chef that week . We struck up a conversation , and Emeril said he assumed whoever left the rod and vest wouldn't mind if he borrowed them for a few casts. I assurred him that all was well and keep casting. My son returned and by the time the conversation ended thirty minutes later Emeril had invited us to come fish with him on his new saltwater boat and gave us the phone number to arrange a trip. He loves to fish. Perhaps his Portuguese heritage might have something to do with that. We have yet to take him up on the invite, but his fishing addiction was an interesting insight that I suspect is unknown to many of his fans.

flyfishermann1955
Bamboo Fanatic

BAM!

Now that is kicking it up a notch; great story. Thanks for sharing.

Tight Lines- Ken

Return to “The Cooks Kitchen”