Please help with this far and fine

History of the Orvis Rod Co. Feel free to discuss Orvis Rods here.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

Fish fry

Please help with this far and fine

Post by Fish fry »

Hello everyone. I have joined up on this board to find out some info. I have a Orvis Far&Fine that i acquired many moons ago. At least 20yrs. I believe it to be a Bamboo rod. It is in brand spanking new condition. I am pretty sure it may have never been used before. It has 2tip and is in a nice bag which is in a nice metal tube wrapped in leather and has a cap and carrying strap. I am pretty sure the tube is not the one that came with the rod it is a aftermarket. So it says on the rod Orvis Impregnated/Far&Fine/ 7-1/2 3-7/8oz. It also has the letter I think it’s WF5F I think I am going to post pics. As I said it is in BEAUTIFUL condition and I am just trying to get a ballpark figure on what I can be looking to get for it. I hope I covered everything to get some help. Thanks for any help.

Fish fry

Re: Please help with this far and fine

Post by Fish fry »

WOW thanks guys for giving me all the helpful advisce. I am so glad o took the time to join and post.... NOT!!

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

I’m on a fishing trip so haven’t looked extensively on topics.

The pictures are a bit hard to see (low res) and the part that really shows the rod’s condition is missing (whole grip area).

Orvis bamboo rods in general aren’t really valuable. Mint as in brand new might get on the $1200-1400. Excellent plus might get in the $800-1000. Generally Todd go for around $500-600.

The most sought after models are the shorter rods of the Superfine and Deluxe. And maybe the 3 piece rod called the Seven/Four.

The bamboo market is collapsing for years and will be going down.
I think your Far & Fine would be around $600-700.

Fish fry

Post by Fish fry »

Thank you for the reply. I know the pics are a little blurry but the rod is in mint mint condition. I am pretty sure it has never been used. Thanks for the input the only thing it does not have is any markings on the but of the handle I looked. The butt end seems to be brass. Anyway thanks again

udiablo
Sport

Post by udiablo »

The older Far & Fine indicated
line HEG (5)

The newer (like yours) indicates
line WF5F

I tried one several years ago and later regretted not buying it.

Have since acquired two (LOL)

Fish fry

Post by Fish fry »

So again thanks for the reply and you helped also with the letters on the pole.. now the question I have if this pole is in pristine like “brand new “condition could I still get 500-700$ for it. And do you know of any online market places I can sell it on besides this one.. thanks Joe

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

Fish fry wrote:So again thanks for the reply and you helped also with the letters on the pole.. now the question I have if this pole is in pristine like “brand new “condition could I still get 500-700$ for it. And do you know of any online market places I can sell it on besides this one.. thanks Joe
Post a for sale in the classifieds section as EVERYONE on here is a bamboo fanatic and there are even several international members. If you go the e-Bay route, they'll take 10% off the top including 10% of the shipping fee and PayPal will take another 3%. So a $600 sale will net you $522.

Cheers,
Joe

Return to “Orvis Co. Rods”