Need Walker reel handle/Jon Larrabee contact info.

A place to discuss those classic and vintage fly reels, classics include modern variations of those of vintage. Please add your photos, stories or just join in conversation about your reels.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

jjkapow

Need Walker reel handle/Jon Larrabee contact info.

Post by jjkapow »

I have a 2 1/2 inch. Walker reel, but the reel has a 2 1/4 inch. handle. I would like to know if there is a person from whom I might get a replacement handle. I understand that Hoagy Carmichael once had the parts that were later passed on to Jon Larrabee. Does anyone have contact information for Larrabee, whom I am hoping has the part I'm looking for. Given the value of the reel, the cost of having a new handle made is not an option. And yes, I can use the reel with the 2 1/2 handle. Thanks for any help you may be able to give. John Capowski

fishnbanjo
The Canefather

Re: Need Walker reel handle/Jon Larrabee contact info.

Post by fishnbanjo »

You might consider contacting Hoagy, he’s a member here, also Archuleta Reel Works might be able to help.
banjo

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Need Walker reel handle/Jon Larrabee contact info.

Post by SpringCreek »

Jon owns the HMH vise company. You can likely reach him through the HMH website. hmhvises.com

Best of luck

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Return to “Classic Fly Reels”