Sante Fishing Banjo Giuliani Has passed .

This forum is for making announcements of general interest concerning the forum, events, gatherings, stuff about bamboo, wooden fly rods and classic reels. If you'd like your announcement stuck at the top until the event has passed, drop a note to one of the Moderators. Thanks.

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Sante Fishing Banjo Giuliani Has passed .

Post by Flykuni3 »

Aw no. Sante was a prince of a gentleman. Flights of angels take thee, sir.

tomvt
Guide

Post by tomvt »

The first time I met Banjo was at a Superboo and he's sold me my first bambo rod. The last time I saw him was this spring at Eldridge's Expo; I will always cherish the time spent with him in the back room appraising rods. When I left we gave each other a hug and said goodbye. Banjo,
You touched so many people in such positive ways. Thank you my friend. RIP!
Banjo at Eldridge's holding court.

Flyman615
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flyman615 »

For reasons unknown, I just read this thread and am truly shocked by Sante's passing...

I know he had his share of health challenges over a number of years and I respected his tenacity and resolve in meeting them head on.

Although we never met in person, we had some common interests, especially relating to bamboo rods. I will always think fondly of our friendly, long-distance exchanges on the subject--and smile!

My sincere condolences to his family and many, many friends.

Scott Z.
Flyman615

"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

lestrout1
Guide

Post by lestrout1 »

What a shock to read this. We are all forever indebted to Banjo for the passion he invested in first setting up this wonderful forum. Sante's knowledge and wisdom were unsurpassed. That wonderful time in the Catskills when we cast the best PHY Perfectionist I had ever had a line on, and which he searched high and low for until he found and captured it for his impeccably curated collection. We also share another passion: he invested as much love and passion into pipe smoking, and his superb taste was reflected in the many beautiful objects of art that he acquired and displayed for us many times. RIP Sante, but memories will endure.

tl and hp
Les

Trout120-1
Master Guide

Post by Trout120-1 »

God Bless you and your family.

GRASSNGLASS
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by GRASSNGLASS »

It's an empty feeling knowing the forum will never be the same.

Barry

St Vrain Angler
Master Guide

Post by St Vrain Angler »

Even though I never encountered Banjo outside this forum, I feel as if I've lost a close friend. Peace to his family and to those who knew him.

JHolton
Sport

Post by JHolton »

Quite a guy. He enriched so many of us here with his knowledge and class. He will be greatly missed.
Jack

Catch 22
Guide

Post by Catch 22 »

I'm a better man for having known you and the world is a lesser place without you.

fishbates
Master Guide

Post by fishbates »

A great man in his own right full of knowledge yet always a gentlemen,
I can say with sadness I never spoke to him directly or meet him, my loss
Always enjoyed his comments he will be missed!
Dave

wrong66
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by wrong66 »

Someone said a man doesn't truly die until his name is spoken out loud for the last time. That said, Sante should be with us for quite some time to come. He's part of everybody here. RIP, Banjo.
Mark

G Zinkus

Post by G Zinkus »

What a loss. I am glad to have met Sante at the Metolius bamboo event in Oregon some years back. Condolences to his family and close friends. RIP Sante.

flyfishingpastor
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishingpastor »

May he Rest In Peace. He always seemed to be the guy I always aspired to be. Though I didn’t know him personally, other than forum posts and private PM’s, he was always a gentleman in our conversations, always willing to offer advice, always had the rod, reel, camera, etc. that I would like to at least try, if not own.

Many years ago when I was considering a particular rod, he PM’d me with some peculiarities that he’d found. He was right on and I’ve enjoyed that particular rod for many years. I’m sure he has done the same for countless of us on this forum over the years. He will be missed. My prayers to his family and friends for their great loss.

Pat

oldschoolcane
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by oldschoolcane »

My condolences to his friends and family. I remember Banjo as someone who was always willing to help, a good man.

Expsp4043
Sport

Post by Expsp4043 »

I echo what was said by stvrainangler, I never actually met the gentleman but through this forum I feel I have lost a good friend. His vast knowledge and willingness to help anyone and everyone is a quality that is missing in many today. The world and especially this forum has lost a great one! RIP Sante!

PT48
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PT48 »

A character who embodied this forum - he will be missed.

thegubster
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by thegubster »

A wonderful man who will be missed dearly. Sante helped me many'a time with questions and comments and he will be missed dearly.

This came as a sudden shock even given the health issues he faced as he wasn't one to whine. Rest in peace Banjo...

Jeremy.

Rons Rods
Sport

Post by Rons Rods »

A wonderful, wonderful man. He will certainly be missed. Thanks for everything Banjo.

flyslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyslinger »

I just found this post. To say that I am shocked and saddened is an understatement. I will miss Sante's knowledge, wit, and musings. Godspeed, friend.
"Always drink upstream from the herd."

prairieschooner
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by prairieschooner »

I just saw this this morning. Banjo was kind, generous and helpful to me and many others, and what a great sense of humor. Godspeed, Banjo.
I spent most of my money on shotguns, fly rods, guitars and banjos. The rest I just wasted. (Apologies to W.C. Fields)

Return to “Forum Announcements”