A few new reels

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

A few new reels

Post by SpringCreek »

Had some extra time and thought I would post a couple of pictures of some recent acquisitions. One will be fished, the others now reside in a display cabinet.

Megoff Boomerang Reel

Kineya Sir Edward's Mark I

Mandi Anti Reverse & Burl

Giorgio Dallari Briar Reel

Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

60InchDV8
Master Guide

Re: A few new reels

Post by 60InchDV8 »

Very nice....Congrats. I would fish all of them (very carefully) to fulfill the pleasure of owning these works of art. What rods would you pair them with?

steeliefool
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by steeliefool »

Is the adjustment of the reel to rod angle on the first reel for balancing purposes, comfort, coolness or all of the above?

kermit
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by kermit »

I was going to say that I like this one or that one, but I like them all!
Zia Rods Brochure
www.ziarods.com

16pmd
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 16pmd »

Very cool outside-the box designs! Thanks for showing them.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

60InchDV8 wrote:Very nice....Congrats. I would fish all of them (very carefully) to fulfill the pleasure of owning these works of art. What rods would you pair them with?
The Megoff is going to be fished on a 7'9" 5 wt I have under construction at the moment.

Jim
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

That Megoff is wild looking, almost ‘steampunk’.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

steeliefool wrote:Is the adjustment of the reel to rod angle on the first reel for balancing purposes, comfort, coolness or all of the above?
It is done for balancing, at least in principle, as it moves the center of gravity forward. Although I have not cast a rod with this one, I have enjoyed fishing with reels that have offset feet. The Ari 't Hart Remco is likely the first one I ever cast in this design and used to have an Abel arm on a reel I used for steelhead as it made casting easier after a long day on the water.

cregb
Master Guide

Post by cregb »

Very nice. The Megoff is rather unique and I love the classy looks of the Kineya. I’d be proud to own all of them. Thanks for sharing!

Creg

NedZeppelin
Guide

Post by NedZeppelin »

I am completely down with the steam punk look to the Megoff. I think I want one, but worry about the rod that would have to built to fit it.

Streamfishing

Post by Streamfishing »

I love Sir Edward's Mark I, it is so beautiful. But I wonder how to break it down for a maintaience.

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

SpringCreek wrote:
12/22/19 10:05
steeliefool wrote:Is the adjustment of the reel to rod angle on the first reel for balancing purposes, comfort, coolness or all of the above?
It is done for balancing, at least in principle, as it moves the center of gravity forward. Although I have not cast a rod with this one, I have enjoyed fishing with reels that have offset feet. The Ari 't Hart Remco is likely the first one I ever cast in this design and used to have an Abel arm on a reel I used for steelhead as it made casting easier after a long day on the water.
Too bad it doesn't adjust the weight further back as line is removed from the reel :rollin

Return to “Classic Reels”