Homer Jennings

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

BAMBOO2041
Guide

Homer Jennings

Post by BAMBOO2041 »

Hi, does anyone have the contact info for Homer Jennings? A phone number or email would be great.. I appreciate it, Charles

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Homer Jennings

Post by SpringCreek »

Pm sent
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

Clicking Ferrules
Sport

Post by Clicking Ferrules »

Anyone knows if Homer is still active? I would appreciate if anyone could PM his email address, i think it has changed sometime.
I have one of his rods, that needs a little work done.

Lasse

singlebuilt
Guide

Post by singlebuilt »

Just exchanged emails with Homer this week....He's doing OK and working on rod orders.

Mark Dankel
Sport

Re: Homer Jennings - The Early Period

Post by Mark Dankel »

I recently acquired serial #21 of Homer's work, an 8' 2/1 #7 "Trutta" he made in the UK in 1976. I sent him these pictures and asked about the ferrules and he replied he used brass for 4 or 5 years because at that time NiAg was $$$. The rod is in mint condition which is pretty amazing for its age and the ferrule fit is still perfect. I bought it from LC to fight the spring winds in NM and because it's kinda' neat to have Homer's early work.

Mark

Soló el que ensaya lo absurdo es capaz de conquistar lo imposible. - Miguel de Unamuno 1905

billems
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by billems »

Wonderful rodmaker. Beautiful styling.

singlebuilt
Guide

Post by singlebuilt »

I saw that rod on the site....now I have "non-buyers" remorse...you snooze - you lose.

JRD

Post by JRD »

Greetings all. I have 4 bamboo rods of Homer's early work. They were custom made for members of my family in 76/77 and are inscribed with may father's, grandfather's and my name. Mine was my 16th birthday present. There is a back story there. Though I have no interest in selling these - I rarely fish them and wonder if I should be using them at all. Glad to scan some pics if anyone is interested. I also have a few other bamboo rods of which I know nothing about as well.

Thanks in advance - John

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

John, those rods have history in their fibers. I could imagine fishing them more often will add more memories to them.

Mark Dankel
Sport

Post by Mark Dankel »

John: The oldest rod I fish is 97 yrs old. A well crafted rod (and Homer's are) fished properly and cared for respectfully should be enjoyed on the water as often as you wish.
Soló el que ensaya lo absurdo es capaz de conquistar lo imposible. - Miguel de Unamuno 1905

JRD

Post by JRD »

thanks for the posts guys. I do have some other antique bamboos that i fish. Used one last night and caught a beautiful 14 inch brown. I will on occasion use Homer's rod when i am pretty sure i can do so safely.

John

JRD

Post by JRD »

Been fishing the bamboos a bit lately. The cork on one of my Jennings rods has a small crack - should I consider a repair or leave it as is vintage?

Thanks in advance

John

Mark Dankel
Sport

Post by Mark Dankel »

John: Since your family bought your rods from Homer, you're his "customer." You might just email Homer Jennings himself and ask him. He'll very likely respond quickly. His email is jenningsrods@gmail.com

Mark

Return to “Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods”