It is currently 04/01/20 18:23

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Rivers Of A Lost Coast
PostPosted: 02/13/20 13:18 • # 1 

Hello,
I have just finished watching Rivers of a Lost Coast for the second time. For anyone who has not seen this great film you owe it to yourself to do so. What I am wondering about is if there is a book that anyone can recommend that covers this golden age of west coast fly fishing somewhat in depth? I know about Russell Chatham’s great book The Angler’s Coast but I am looking for others as well. Any ideas?
Thanks
Mark

PostPosted: 02/13/20 14:18 • # 2 
Bamboo Fanatic

I Know Bill Schaadt is about one of the central figures in the movie and was written by Ben Taylor, who also appeared in it. I think Trey Combs' first book, The Steelhead Trout, also has some information about early days of California steelheading.

PostPosted: 02/13/20 14:42 • # 3 
Guide

Steelhead to a fly
Published in the 50s
Has a section on eel and Klamath

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 02/13/20 15:36 • # 4 
Master Guide

Emel4 wrote:
Hello,
I have just finished watching Rivers of a Lost Coast for the second time. For anyone who has not seen this great film you owe it to yourself to do so. What I am wondering about is if there is a book that anyone can recommend that covers this golden age of west coast fly fishing somewhat in depth? I know about Russell Chatham’s great book The Angler’s Coast but I am looking for others as well. Any ideas?
Thanks
Mark

Marvellous documentary that I have watched several times with a great music score that’s quite haunting . I ended up hunting down the Chatham book as a result and will buy a copy of the book on Schaadt if I ever find one at a reasonable cost :pipe

PostPosted: 02/13/20 20:26 • # 5 
Master Guide

I'll second "I know Bill Schaadt," one of the most interesting books on the subject (and excellent slice of time) I have read.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply