Fishing creek after rain storm

This is an area for discussing history, general information, current pricing trends etc. As with all the forums we won't allow any ongoing auction or sales discussions. This is more for items which sold and are interesting to the forum members.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

das77

Fishing creek after rain storm

Post by das77 »

When the creeks are running fast due to raining all night. How do you fish that type of water when it is a little high and stirred up. Do you change to brighter colors or use something that sinks. I am a rookie at this and trying to fish a creek in Tennessee this week and it has been raining and it’s running hard and is stirred up. I caught a nice brown yesterday but water was not stirred up and was clear. What approach should I take in these circumstances. Thank you for any info.

Bamboo River
Guide

Re: Fishing creek after rain storm

Post by Bamboo River »

I give it a couple of days to get back to a more normal flow.

Adamsdry
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Fishing creek after rain storm

Post by Adamsdry »

I would start by fishing tight to the bank with a weighted, small, black, wooley bugger. Fish will hold tight to the edges or down deep behind structure. I've fished chartreuse colored nymphs/pupa and brightly colored "glo balls" in similar situations.

D
"By the wood-shed is a brook. It goes singing on. Its joy-song does sing in my heart.”

Opal Whiteley

Return to “General discussion”