Moderators....PLEASE!

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

bobk
Master Guide

Re: Moderators....PLEASE!

Post by bobk »

The title of this particular forum is Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella..... with ephemera defined as:
e·phem·er·a things that exist or are used or enjoyed for only a short time. items of collectible memorabilia, typically written or
printed ones, that were originally expected to have only short-term usefulness or popularity.

This subject would be better under a forum titled "News, Media, and Politics" which we don't have.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

bobk wrote: This subject would be better under a forum titled "News, Media, and Politics" which we don't have.
Add religion to that forum.

nativebrownie
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by nativebrownie »

czkid wrote:Excuse me.... but like anything else you have the choice of reading or not reading the post. There's plenty else to read other than the virus posts.... right? Thanks.
Thank you ... agreed
We are used to each other - we know each other - this Forum has always been a spot for me to hang out. A very comfortable place.
Things are difficult in our area - suffering and uncertainty. I enjoy listening to all of you, forum members. It just helps - sorting out something that is unknown and very important.
As far as anything political or that I disagree with, I'll consider that idea and then move on... Listening helps for me...

Kenneth
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Kenneth »

nativebrownie wrote: Thank you ... agreed
We are used to each other - we know each other - this Forum has always been a spot for me to hang out. A very comfortable place.
Things are difficult in our area - suffering and uncertainty. I enjoy listening to all of you, forum members. It just helps - sorting out something that is unknown and very important.
As far as anything political or that I disagree with, I'll consider that idea and then move on... Listening helps for me...
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

This forum is, by a very long far, the smallest I belong to, and over the years some of your voices have become familiar. Some of you I've even had the pleasure of meeting, and fishing with.

I, to, like "hanging out" here. Yes, it's mainly about bamboo rods and related matters, but I'm thinking, if we're going to hang out and talk bamboo, we probably can find the time to talk about other stuff, if so inclined, as long as we're not insulting or denigrating each other.

Pipes, guns, carpentry, all's fine with me. If I'm not interested, I don't follow the thread, but let me tell you, although I don't smoke, I've enjoyed the pipe thread tremendously, especially for the sense of camaraderie. Now, I love shooting, so I've been following the first gun thread with great interest. I've learned loads about all kinds of stuff from other non-fishing related threads.

Now we're faced with a great medical emergency, one that involves the whole world, and I live in a part of the world that's been particularly hard hit. It's true that one can get Covid-19 ennui, what with being constantly bombarded with everything under the sun from all directions, but I'm still interested in reading about your personal experiences, when available. It's a help and a comfort, so thanks much for sharing.

Keep safe all,
Kenneth

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

Kenneth,
I agree with what you said. While the forum is primarily focused on bamboo rods it does diverge into other topics as you pointed out pipes, cooking, guns, carpentry, wooden cups. If I am not interested in the topic e.g. pipes, though they are attractive as crafted objects I am not interested nor am I interested in variations on lines. But I am interested in the virus - it is terrifying and it is just beginning so perspectives from the pilots is informative. All of us would be much more interested in bamboo or salmon flies or photos of trips but this is important too. I have friends in Milano so it hits home and I have relatives in Croatia and Slovenia of which there is little news. As long at the thread is informative and not vituperative continue it.

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, This is the only forum I use. I view others, but really only 'chat' here. I like it. There are sections I seldom or never use, it's OK. I live where there is no one to talk with about bamboo, so........ Sorry if I get to be a pest.

Jay Edwards

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”