Peux Speedline Classic

A place to discuss those classic and vintage fly reels, classics include modern variations of those of vintage. Please add your photos, stories or just join in conversation about your reels.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

thereelthing
Sport

Peux Speedline Classic

Post by thereelthing »

Hi guys! I hope everyone from the forum is safe and healthy in these crazy times.

I quickly want to show you guys the classic style reels made by the swiss company Peux.
Each part of the Peux reels is machined, using high tech CNC machines in Switzerland.

My favourite line of reels is the Speedline Classic. These reels combine a classic S-Handle design with a anti-reverse and multiplier function. They pair really nicely with split cane rods and the #2/3 model is even called bamboo rods edition. It is made from #2/3 to #9/10.
I know that a large part of the forum members are from the US where these reel aren´t well known.
Do you like the Peux reels?
Has maybe somebody fished them before?

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Peux Speedline Classic

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

They look nicely made, but are a bit too busy for my tastes.

thereelthing
Sport

Post by thereelthing »

I agree about the Bamboo Rods Edition with the trout on it. For my taste the other models are just fine.
I added a link to a Youtube video that shows the production process and facility of the Peux reels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUfpdQiWzfw&t=405s

jimlucey
Guide

Post by jimlucey »

i think they look quite sharp and i will agree that the trout is a bit much . otherwise , kinda classy looking .
thanks , jim

Paul B
Master Guide

Post by Paul B »

I am sure these reels are very well made being from the PEUX stable but for me they don’t look at all classy , too much bling for my tastes.

Return to “Classic Fly Reels”