Heddon #20

History of the Heddon Rod Co. Feel free to discuss Heddon Rods here.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

Gun papa

Heddon #20

Post by Gun papa »

Forgive my ignorance on the subject. I have fished many an Alpine stream and lake growing up on the edge of the Desolation Wilderness in the Sierra Mountains, but that was mainly using Eagle Claw gear.

I have four Bamboo rods but know next to nothing about them with little on the net to guide me.
Heddon #20
Pfleuger Model "Rocky River model 2529 (looks like a bait caster)
Queen Mary featherlight
And a Lucky Strike.
All are with tubes and are in excellent shape.

Where can I start to find out what I really have? They belonged to a family member who was 90 when he passed. They look like collector pieces vs something you would take afield. Any help would be appreciated.

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Heddon #20

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

What would you like to know about these rods? There is lots of information here on bamboo fly rods, which would include the Heddon #20. The 20 is a grade in the upper middle range of Heddon rods and came in multiple lengths and weights within the lengths. Typically the shorter the rod, the lighter the ferrule (lower "X" F, where "X" is a whole number or fraction, the more valuable the rod. The higher condition and originality, the more valuable the rod. All sections should be equal - and full length. Pictures of all sections laid out next to each other and thee tube and sock with close up of ferrules, reel seat, script written on the rod, and anything that looks out of place are invaluable

Return to “James Heddon & Sons Rods”