Montana Open to Fishing without travel restrictions

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Montana Open to Fishing without travel restrictions

Post by firehole »

June 1 Montana will be open to fishing without travel restrictions and 14 day quarantine.. Blue Ribbon Flies has just received YNP fishing license to sell but as of now you can only access YNP through the south and east entrances. Montana YNP entrances will open June 1st. Fishing in YNP open May 23rd.
Dennis

Bud
Master Guide

Re: Montana Open to Fishing without travel restrictions

Post by Bud »

Shhhhhhh

Bud
Master Guide

Post by Bud »

I just added a day to the condo booking. Can’t wait.

firehole
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by firehole »

Thanks Bud!

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

According to my friends in Hamilton, 9 people just diagnosed with Covid at the Stockfarms (upper-crust fishing, golfing private community). A family from out of state flew into their vacation fishing/golf home, brought it with them, and infected some of the staff.
Be careful out there folks.

Edit-- for those that don't know the area: Bitterroot River.
Last edited by Brooks on 05/21/20 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

Brooks wrote:According to my friends in Hamilton, 9 people just diagnosed with Covid at the Stockfarms (upper-crust fishing, golfing private community). A family from out of state flew into their vacation fishing/golf home, brought it with them, and infected some of the staff.
Be careful out there folks.

Yup, that's what's gonna happen as we open Mt. Sad.

cutthroatkid
Guide

Post by cutthroatkid »

I'm sure the governor has had plenty of pressure put on him to remove the quarantine advice and open the state to more visitors as the tourism industry is suffering. However, I pretty much liked seeing the new virus case tracking data for the past 2 months. There's not been a new case in my county or the surrounding counties (or in most of the state) for over a month (the one case "reported" in my county 2 weeks was really out of state, though a county resident). Yellowstone country and one or two other places have continued to pop up with one or two cases occasionally but for the most part there's been no recent evidence of community spread statewide and many days with no new cases reported statewide. This didn't happen without a lot of people obeying recommendations to the letter. The new spike of cases in Ravalli county mentioned above could be a harbinger of what's to come if visitors and re-opening businesses are not careful.

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”