Unusual Things found when fishing.

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

SxS
Guide

Re: Unusual Things found when fishing.

Post by SxS »

Three weeks ago fishing the HF i ran out of dry powder floatant for my CDC bugs. i mean there was virtually none left for weeks but this evening even the brush was depleted and it was way past time for a new bottle. i was crossing back to the parking lot below the log jam being careful not to join the HF diving club. Mid channel something white was floating towards me in the river.. i reached out and almost went swimming grabbing it.. what was it? a brand spanking new bottle of frog fanny thank you very much!! timing is everything!!

bamrod77
Guide

Post by bamrod77 »

During a riverbank cleanup along the Saranac River a number of years ago I found a large caliber-shaped, plastic item with batteries inside. Won the prize for most unusual found item but, told to keep it out of site of the younger members of the clean-up crew!

prairieschooner
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by prairieschooner »

Earlier this week my line got snagged on a moss-covered length of rope; when I pulled it in this large magnet was attached. It's a pretty strong one. This is a small urban drainage lake so I doubt anyone was searching for a murder weapon etc. but maybe... ???

I spent most of my money on shotguns, fly rods, guitars and banjos. The rest I just wasted. (Apologies to W.C. Fields)

cdmoore
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by cdmoore »

"Magnet fishing" is a popular pastime these days. Lots of youtube videos about it...

crowebeetle
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by crowebeetle »

I thought that was the way to catch steelhead.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”