Vince Cummings from an estate sale (?)

Discuss various makers rods here, i.e. if the maker is not listed under its own forum please feel free to discuss them here vintage or current. I would like to keep the makers listed by an individual read-only forum so it will be easier for those interested in those makers to find specific information about the rods and the makers. If anyone has any original catalogs they could scan and pass along to me I would be pleased to use them to give a history of the maker and their models in a forum, thanks.

Moderators: Ken M 44, fishnbanjo

coast to coast

Vince Cummings from an estate sale (?)

Post by coast to coast »

Just bought this Vince Cummings rod from an estate sale in Virginia.
I know this forum is typically bamboo-centric but I'm having trouble finding info on this rod and figured you guys might have an idea.

8'6" 5-6wt 2 pc
It's certainly a beautiful rod. Feels pretty slow compared to a typical graphite rod. Is that typical for his work?

Mostly just wondering if any of you guys know anything about the rod or maker or have an idea of where to look.

Thanks in advance!

Bee
Master Guide

Re: Vince Cummings from an estate sale (?)

Post by Bee »

Cannot speak to Cummings history or skill as a rod maker but he was a very accomplished Pennsylvania fly angler in his day. Akin to the likes of V Marinaro and other notable limestone fly fishers. A google search would likely show a lot of info on Cummings as he was a well recognized flyfisherman in his day.

Return to “Rod makers history, value guide and general discussion”