Venison, sharptail and woodcock burgoo.

As the name implies this is the Cooks Kitchen. A place to share your favorite recipes, preparations and secrets of how you cook, be it in the kitchen, the tailgate of your truck, shore lunch or campfire.

Moderators: Titelines, Ken M 44

lloyd3
Master Guide

Venison, sharptail and woodcock burgoo.

Post by lloyd3 »

Snowy mess here today, so we cleaned out one of the freezers and got a recipe out of Buck, Buck, Moose. I'll let you folks know how it all turns out.

lloyd3
Master Guide

Re: Venison, sharptail and woodcock burgoo.

Post by lloyd3 »

Another recipe from "Buck, Buck, Moose" and a darn good one. We served it with fresh biscuits and I was nothing but pleased. I trimmed off any freezer burn from the various meats used (lesser elk cuts, goose breasts, chicken thighs, and the gamebirds mentioned above) and browned them up in a pan first, then we added all the rest of the components and simmered the mix for the described time. Rich and hearty, great flavor, very satisfying (even the sharptail chunks were good!). A hearty red wine would be a great accompaniment, enjoy! I've even been informed that there is a very small town in far-western West Virginia (near the Kentucky border) that is called "Burgoo". It evidently sits on a locally famous trout stream?

Return to “The Cooks Kitchen”