How bad is your bamboo addiction?

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: How bad is your bamboo addiction?

Post by PYochim »

Actually according to the DSM these behaviors are more consistent with an obsessive/compulsive disorder.

ibookje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by ibookje »

McHull wrote:When I did my intro here, I pronounced that I'm not a collector, but a fisherman.

I'm up to 10 and counting, still need that big flat stream rod and maybe a 7' 3 for medium size brookie streams.
Looks like you’re doomed McHull ::lol

McHull
Master Guide

Post by McHull »

PYochim wrote:
06/02/22 08:25
Actually according to the DSM these behaviors are more consistent with an obsessive/compulsive disorder.
Oh yes, most definitely a dash of OCD thrown in for good measure.
ibookje wrote:
06/02/22 09:02
McHull wrote:When I did my intro here, I pronounced that I'm not a collector, but a fisherman.

I'm up to 10 and counting, still need that big flat stream rod and maybe a 7' 3 for medium size brookie streams.
Looks like you’re doomed McHull ::lol
My 7' 2/3 3-4 wt just came in the mail a week or so ago.
slippery slope for sure....
In the night I dreamed of trout-fishing - The Maine Woods - Henry David Thoreau

TSPEYFLY
Master Guide

Post by TSPEYFLY »

Well now, lets see, I need a new roof and I'm spending the money on a couple of Payne's. You can do a lot with a tarp if you know what I mean:).
The fence needs to be replaced around my place, and no, I'm finishing up on a Tatman 17' wooded drift boat so I can fish those bamboo rods, so no fence.
I'm with Flykuni3
“I don’t have a problem.”
love ya, mean it!

Cimarron
Guide

Post by Cimarron »

While OCD may be its own entity or a subset of an anxiety disorder, I consider my own problem with bamboo to be more of an affective or mood disorder. For instance, in the dark doldrums of a long winter, depression can be significantly, if only temporarily, lifted by the long pursued acquisition of just the right rod, whose purchase was made possible by a certain kind of manic flight. Unfortunately, despair sets in again when the realization dawns that the rod cannot be used for some time yet, and thus the cycle begins all over again.

Return to “Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods”