KJoe on my mind

As the name implies this is the Cooks Kitchen. A place to share your favorite recipes, preparations and secrets of how you cook, be it in the kitchen, the tailgate of your truck, shore lunch or campfire.

Moderators: Titelines, Ken M 44

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

KJoe on my mind

Post by Flykuni3 »

I am a smoker now, thanks to covid and not going into the office. I have the itch to advance my game…I will prolly buy the Kamado Joe classic ll. That is all.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: KJoe on my mind

Post by PYochim »

For a minute I thought you meant cigarettes.

dale
Master Guide

Post by dale »

Darrell, I smoke too. 17 years now, with a Kamado. But we've been having a lot of spare-the-air days, so I don't smoke quite as much.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=4710&p=4308&hilit=kamado#p4308

I got a Kamado from the Kamado company, but I cannot recommend them due to not-so-great customer service. Mine has weathered 17 years, and it works as well as day 1. Ceramics don't really break down.

First accessory that I highly recommend is the BBQ Guru, which is a thermostat controlled fan. I do ribs for about 4 hours at 250F, pulled pork for 18 hours at 200F.

A ceramic cooker is really very versatile.

Dale

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

Thx for the link, that’s way back.

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

The big red boy is in...but no time this weekend to break it in. Considerable shipping, arrived on a pallet, and helped amigo getting up the driveway with a push. It took about 45 mins to completely unpack and assemble. Asked a neighbor kid to help lift the thing into its wheeled cart (he almost caught his fingers, which is the side I avoided, 'cause older guys are smart that way).

It's an impressive piece of cookery, heavy, well-designed and executed, with touches that show smart engineering by some people who actually grill and smoke. Will report back.

DrLogik
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by DrLogik »

I have not been successful in curbing my urge to smoke for my entire adult life. My wife doesn't like is the way it makes my clothes smell. I tried smoking in the kitchen years ago with less than satisfactory results. Plus she said it made the whole house smell like smoke. She only let's me do it outside now, so I only smoke out on the deck, away from my neighbors so they don't see my habit.

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

Ah agree, wait, you mean tabacky…I can’t wait to shower after am done.

DrLogik
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by DrLogik »

Hahaha...no, was making a play on words for smoking food.

Flykuni3
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flykuni3 »

Irregardless, ah agree.

Return to “The Cooks Kitchen”