Newbee here

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Mutley

Newbee here

Post by Mutley »

Hi, I've been browsing through your forum for quite a while now so decided to dive in and join up.
I've got a couple of old cane rods and half a dozen or so pretty old what looks to me trout fly rods so I'm looking forward to getting some of you guys thoughts on them.
I'm born and bred in bonnie Scotland and regularly fish for salmon,trout and grayling. I've also got a small warrior boat for fishing the west coast sea lochs in summer, never had much luck on the fly rod though but the scenery makes up for it.
Thanks.

bellbird
Master Guide

Re: Newbee here

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

Wamfess

Post by Wamfess »

Welcome. I am relatively new myself, and finding the Forum pretty useful as I am into rod restoration.
I live in Spain but frequently visit the west of Scotland as my daughter lives next to the river Cree at Newton Stuart, I too struggle to catch but the scenery and the local people make it worth while.
Enjoy!

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Holy bananas - welcome to the site to all of you ~
We are glad you made it here ~
Brian
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

St Vrain Angler
Master Guide

Post by St Vrain Angler »

Welcome, Mutely. Some years ago, I was fortunate to meet a fishing guide from Selkirk in the Borders who's now a good friend and has been across the pond several times to fish with me here in the Colonies. I don't know about the west coast, but the scenery in the Borders is gorgeous.
Best,
Joe

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome, Mutley! You'll fit in just fine. And, Scotland's on my bucket list for fishing.

Return to “Members Corner”