Metolius 2022 Gathering

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Bugchucker
Sport

Metolius 2022 Gathering

Post by Bugchucker »

Just blind casting for interest. I'll plan at least something as humble as our 2021 Grass and Glass, but not sure if some of you wanted to try for something similar to the old Metolius gathering. I don't have the network or the organizational skills for something that big.
Thanks again to all who came and helped with this past fall's meet up. I learned a lot. In fact, I just finished a 9' 7-8 wt three piece with an extra tip to try out this winter on some baby tarpon. The extra guidance I received at our gathering really helped in several ways.
Mark

tabrods406
Guide

Re: Metolius 2022 Gathering

Post by tabrods406 »

Hi Mark,

Alexis and I are definitely interested in attending. Shooting for same time frame as this year? Assuming we can bring our lines to sell?

Tom
406 Fly Lines

teter
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by teter »

Mark,
Thanks for organizing the gathering this fall. I really enjoyed meeting you and other members, and the Dozers were fun and very instructive.
I'd definitely be up for a bigger event next year.

Lon

Bugchucker
Sport

Post by Bugchucker »

I put out an inquiry to one of the resorts to see if they can host a larger gathering with possibly some vendors. This opens up permitting questions so we'll see how it goes. I'm not sure what the state of OR requires. We would probably want an internet site of some sort for people to use as an information source rather than gumming up this forum.
Open to ideas.
Mark

Salmo Nella
Sport

Post by Salmo Nella »

I might be interested.. Are there any more details yet?

Tom McCoy
Sport

Post by Tom McCoy »

I had to miss last years shindig because of a last minute work issue. Would really like to attend this year. Looking forward to hearing the details as they evolve.

TMc

mkado

Post by mkado »

Sorry I've been absent for a while...I had to re-register and am now 'mkado' rather than 'bugchucker' due to some technical issues. I will start putting some energy back into this meeting but my fall is filling up fast. Oddly, I can help plan, but depending on when is most beneficial for the majority, I may not be able to attend. If someone else would like to take up the torch...that would be great. In the meantime I will try and get us a venue.
Mark

Scarfed Mind
Sport

Post by Scarfed Mind »

I probably will not make it this year, preferring to take my vacation in Oregon soon and chase shad and smallies on the Umpqua rather than fighting my way through smoke and fire in the Fall.

I am curious to hear about your experience with tarpon on bamboo, though, Mark. I have yet to find a bamboo rod over a 7 wt that I truly enjoy casting and so have gone to fiberglass to get my slow fly rod fix in the salt.

406tom
Guide

Post by 406tom »

I'm curious - any update on this Gathering?

Tom

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”