The Ever-Rolling Stream

An area where you can discuss books about angling, classic tackle, angling literature, your favorite authors, old and new, and any upcoming books you see of interest and of course all the classics as well.

Moderator: Whitefish Press

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

The Ever-Rolling Stream

Post by Hellmtflies »

"OK" I know there are a few of you out there who were forced by your better half to sit through the "Downton Abbey" TV series a while back. And, I know that after a few episodes you got hooked into the aura and glamour of the time and life styles of the rich and famous. Am I right? :) So if that was you then you might enjoy the book "The Ever Rolling Stream". Written by Bernard Aldrich. Published in 1984 by George Allen & Unwin of London. The introduction by H.R.H. The Prince of Wales. It will give you the insight of the life of the rich and famous from the ghillie, grounds keeper and river keeper's perspective. At first I thought it would put me to sleep in a paragraph or two. But much to my surprise I found myself plowing through to the end with a delightful connection to the author and his place in the society. Check it out. You may find yourself more comfortable with being a proletariat of the angling masses as I have. :)
Mark

Marterius
Master Guide

Re: The Ever-Rolling Stream

Post by Marterius »

A very nice little book, also for those interested in the fishing on the River Test. Aldrich was riverkeeper for Lord Moutbatten at Broadlands. I liked it a lot.

Return to “Book Talk”