Biggest baddest fish you’ve landed on a bamboo fly rod

This board is for discussing concerns of fishing bamboo fly rods. Examples would be, lines, actions, classic and modern makers actions and the like.

Moderators: pmcroberts, uniphasian

RSalar
Guide

Re: Biggest baddest fish you’ve landed on a bamboo fly rod

Post by RSalar »

That’s a beauty
Testimony is like an arrow shot from a long-bow; the force of it depends on the strength of the hand that draws it. Argument is like an arrow from a cross-bow, which has equal force though shot by a child.” Bacon.

RWHoffhines
Master Guide

Post by RWHoffhines »

alberta al wrote:
02/12/22 21:28
Hey Rob,

In McHenry County there were a bunch of small streams packed with bluegills, bass, and huge carp.Back in the day, we would fish mulberry deer hair flies near the overhanging mulberry trees. My Dad and I would cast them just upstream of the tres and let them drift though. Those carp would make our Pflueger 1895 1/2 reel scream. It was way fun. Thanks for reminding me.
Cheers, Alan
PS Your rod is still catching trout in Chile.
awsome! that makes...4 continents! The mulberry tree over Turtle Creek has not produced fruit in a few years. As elusive as the White Miller hatch, but when it's on....

mtn
Master Guide

Post by mtn »

I recall this Grass Carp that ate my Bluegill bug (not the 1st or last to do so). I was minding my own business, fishing for Bluegill with my 8013 clone and all of a sudden zipadedoda! Surprisingly a short fight I lifted him with my hand under his belly and his back touched the bend in my arm, well over 3'! He bolted, snaped the 4x tippet and was free.
Mike

fishbates
Master Guide

Post by fishbates »

Steelhead on my 9-1/2 halstead rod

Flytackle
Guide

Post by Flytackle »

8.5’ 8wt. Orvis Shooting Star…

Return to “Fishing Bamboo Fly Rods”