lost rod case

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

jween

lost rod case

Post by jween »

Hi there! I’m new to the forum and looking forward to learning more! But first, I need your help! I inadvertently left my Orvis flyfishing case with all my rods and reels at the westbound Homestake I-90 reststop outside Butte Sunday 10/3 noonish and discovered the loss only after I arrived back in Spokane. I’ve contacted fly shops, sheriffs and DOT through out the area to see if anyone had turned the case in, no luck. i was wondering if any of you out there would have any ideas as I’m giving up hope of recovering my gear. Thanks!

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: lost rod case

Post by fefferje »

So sorry to hear about your loss. I wish I could help in some way. Two months is a long time to be without them. I really hope they show up. Maybe being a part of the forum will help. Jed
Fefferfly

Skeet1969
Guide

Post by Skeet1969 »

There are lots of local flyfishing pages on facebook, perhaps that would really narrow it down to locals.
Good luck!
Mike B

AlexP
Master Guide

Post by AlexP »

Sorry for your lost. Unfortunately, 2 months is a long time. You do not specify if they were bamboo rods, but if they were stored in an Orvis case for 4 piece rods, they might be graphite. The good news, I don't fish or purchase graphite rods anymore, but you would be surprised of the graphite cost on some rods from dealers out there. You can get some great used graphite rods for little money.

I have a Superfine that I bought back in 1999 that I keep for sentimental value. I do have a 5 wt Recon, fished maybe 5 times that you can have it if you want it and care to pay for shipping. PM me if the rod fits your needs.

Tight Lines

jween

Post by jween »

Hello friends

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your sympathy and offers. I'm guessing I'm just going to have to mourn my loss here and move on... Ah, new beginnings. But, maybe an opportunity to get into bamboo flyrod making. Always wanted to do that and have a woodshop, though still a bit of a threshold to overcome to get set up. We'll see.

Anyway, a very Merry Christmas to all who read this. Blessings and tight lines!

Jon

DrLogik
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by DrLogik »

Check eBay, Craiglist, local flea markets near the area where you lost the case. Good luck. Was your name and phone number written on the outside of the bag and/or on the rod tubes? I know most of us hate to mark-up our bags clearly with our name and phone number but there's a chance that you'll get stuff back if you do that.

Return to “Members Corner”