***_BambooBash22 Central_***

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

FlyRodBob

Re: ***_BambooBash22 Central_***

Post by FlyRodBob »

My friend and I will be attending BambooBash22 this year for the very first time. Do we need to register for this Bash or do we just show up? Bob

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Hi Bob -
Welcome to the Forum and the Bash!
There is no formal registration for the BambooBash. Come as you are.
Check our schedule (see post #1 above), pick your level of interest
and join us at Docks Motel in Townsend for some or all of it.
Bring a favorite rod or two, and cast a big assortment of lines from the LineLab!

If you'll be attending 2 or more days, right now Bash attendees have booked
most of the Docks rooms, but Townsend has several other fine lodgings, and
camping venues around this entrance to GSMNP are abundant. The best advice
right now, is to check with the Townsend Visitor's Center for an up-to-date
listing of the local lodging availability and contacts.
.........................https://www.smokymountains.org/

paul
charleston sc (at least for a while yet....)

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Thanks Paul!

FlyRodBob

Post by FlyRodBob »

Thank you for the information Paul! We have a room booked and we are looking forward to attending.

Bob
Bellefonte, PA

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Nice to have another northeasterner attending Bob. My wife and I are driving down from Vermont. I get down yearly to fish Penns Creek and often fish Spring Creek as well. It will be fun to meet you and your friend. Cheers, Jed
Fefferfly

GSElliott

Post by GSElliott »

Hi all! My wife and I are going to be in the area during the Bamboo Bash weekend and we’d love to join you all! Although we’ve made a lot of rod builders gatherings around the country this will be our first Bamboo Bash, so I could use a little guidance. How do I register or, at least, notify someone of our intentions? We don’t need lodging, just want to attend the event. Thanks in advance, looking forward to seeing everyone!

Gary Elliott

GSElliott

Post by GSElliott »

Oops, just saw the post above answering my question. Looks like there is no formal registration. We’ll be there and we’re looking forward to it.

Gary

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

Essentially you simply show up. We are generally active from about 8AM till sundown, and, if you drive by Docks and see some nefarious looking characters with either rods or drinks in hand....that's us. If you plan to attend the gathering/meal on Thursday then you should notify Tunafart as we are trying to get a viable head count. Also, though the event is slated as Thursday thru Saturday many of us show up early and leave late. The ladies running Docks can also point us out or provide some info...we frequently have posted things outside the office. We do allow ladies and are usually quite courteous to them... so inform your spouse that we don't bite.

Ralph

GSElliott

Post by GSElliott »

Thanks Ralph. Actually, you spoke to my wife at SRG a couple of years ago and got her all juiced up to attend with me. Our stay near Knoxville this April happened to coincide with BambooBash so it became part of our plan. Will notify Tunafart as you suggest.

Regards,

Gary

halh68
Guide

Post by halh68 »

You can add me to the headcount for the picnic. I'll be in on the 18'th this year. Dang it the cabin fever has set in early this year.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new faces.
Hal

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

......- Homestretch! -
...As of this post, we're about three weeks+ out from BambooBash22,
21-23 April, on the springtime banks of the Little River and Great Smoky Mtn NP!
Time to check the leader stash and update fly boxes for something yellow...
Today's call to our hallowed major sponsor, Docks Motel in Townsend TN, found
they have had a room-or-two open up on the shoulders of the BASH dates(!),
call soon!, but there are also numerous other lodging nights available in Townsend.
- The Grill-out at Metcalf Bottoms (GSMNP) on Thurs-21st will be a stellar - all-catered -
feast this year, no need for you to bring your pot-luck offerings this time. As the age of C19
fades to a sore memory, we'll hopefully get back to our pot-luck traditions.
This year, the R&R Deli crew will handle the duties!
- The LineLab has been updated and upgraded to offer a whopping fifty+ flylines (!)
for test casting, all on vintage Medalists. All sizes 'tween 4DT to 7WF, plus a few more.
Bring your rods to test and share on the expanded Casting Lawn. ALL HAIL LineBoss Doug Tierney!!
- The TackleTalk on Saturday morning (23rd) featuring Walter Babb is a damn-near unique
opportunity to hear this talented and respected Appalachian rod maker discuss his craft & art.

(psst: here's a sneaker-bonus for having read through this post: Our other major Townsend sponsor, Little River Outfitters,
has made a very generous donation of Mr. Sinclair's most recent publication that will be the subject of our FIRST EVER Silent Auction,
but . . . you must be Present to Play!. . .
Last edited by tunafart on 04/03/22 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Line Lab Update April 3, 2022

The following lines will be on hand:

Terenzio Artificial Silk DT4, DT5 and WF6
SA Mastery DT 4 and 5
SA Amplitude DT 4 and 5, WF 5
Sylk WF 4 and 5, DT 4 and 5
Cortland Peach WF 4, 5 and 6, DT 4, 5 and 6
AirCell WF 4, 5 and 6, DT 5 and 6
Rio Gold 4, 5, 6
Rio Mainstream DT 4, 5
Hook & Hackle DT 4, 5 and 6
406 WF 4, 5 and 6, DT 4, 5 and 6
Wulff TT 4, 5 and 6
Wulff LB/Bamboo 4, 5
Amazon MaxCatch Laser WF 4 and 5
Rio Spey 8
Orvis DT8
Rio Gold 7 and 8
SA Sharkwave GPX7
SA Ultra WF7
Rio Steelhead 8
Rio Nymph 7

The 4, 5 and 6 weight lines are on Pflueger 1494 spools. Heavier lines on the 1495. There are six (6) x 1494 bodies, each with a uniquely profiled foot to accommodate any reel seat. Three (3) x 1495 bodies with unique feet.
The 4, 5 and 6 weight lines all sport 7 1/2' 5x leaders. The 7, 8 and 9 weight liens have 9ft 4x leaders.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

brownboy

Post by brownboy »

What a fantastic "line-up"!

A heartfelt Thank You for this effort.

Noel

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Thank you.

Packing a few rods to share. PHY Para 15 and 16, Midge, Perfectionist, and a few more. Several rods from Bob Lancaster, Jim Ifert, and others.

I'll have a stack of books, reel cases, reels and perhaps a few rods to sell/trade. Reel repair tools, scale, washers, caliper, etc. on hand if needed.

Counting down the days!

Safe travels.

Doug

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

Cant wait for the gathering! I too will have a few rods and reels to sell if anyone is interested. I will bring a few classic rods to cast too, Thomas, Degere, Heddon. see you all soon!

jvh
Master Guide

Post by jvh »

It's going to be a long couple of weeks. I too will have a stash of rods, reels, etc for sale/trade and other rods to cast. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

I'm putting out a request for desserts for the Thursday meal at Metcalf. My bride is bringing a big Birthday cake to celebrate my 80th. But!!! There are those that habitually bring wonderful treats such as Pineapple Upsidedown cake to the gathering. If you plan to bring anything please drop me a PM so I can ensure we have ENOUGH.... we can never have TOO MUCH siine the gathering is 3+ days. We can't wait to see all those faces.

Ralph

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

Another "Heads Up" for those attending. The wonderful folks at Little River Outfitters have blessed us with a donation of several copies of Michael Sinclair's wonderful book on Granger rods. We wlll have a silent auction for at least 2 copies, one of which is a hard cover edition. So make sure to bring your check books and prepare to bid heartily!!!

Ralph

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

Thats a big birthday Ralph! I'll bring extra beer for the celebration! looking so forward to seeing everyone!!!

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

Who thought over 20 years ago when I came up with the idea for the Bash that it would still be going..... and I would still be around!!

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”