Post by brownboy »

Well, it is our good fortune on both.
See you in Townsend.
Noel

tunafart
Master Guide

Re: ***_BambooBash22 Central_***

Post by tunafart »

We're about two weeks out from BambooBash22, and it's time for an update on what to expect:

It will be great to see y'all again after this all-too-long hiatus.
For those returning to another Bash, you will see much that's become familiar over the past several years.
For those venturing to Townsend for the first time: WELCOME! . . . Spring in the Smokys is always a fresh breath,
and the rods, fish and food just can't be beat.

- At about 1pm on Thursday afternoon (21 April) we'll start gathering at the GSMNP Metcalf Bottoms picnic shelter (about a 20-minute
drive east of Docks Motel) to socialize, swap tackle and maybe even get some fishing done at the Bottom's Little River pools. .............................................. >)));>....... >)));>....... >)));>
Take note here: In a vigorous nod to being Covid-cautious, we're forgoing our regular Grill-out pot-luck format this year only
for an all-catered meal! Rich & Ray from the R&R Deli crew will be fresh-smokin' some luscious pork shoulder w/ all the sauces
and side dishes you could ask for. Serving time will be around 4 pm, so plan accordingly. And as mentioned by Ralph above,
this meal will be topped off by a custom birthday cake in his honor.
To offset this year's expenses, we will be asking a $10 donation to the BashBox.

- the Casting Lane at World BASH HQ (Docks Motel) will be set Thurs-Sat with expanded elbow room, and the LineLab
has an impressive list of the country's best lines spooled on Medalists for your casting needs.
..... Again, in a nod to being uber-Covid-cautious, we'll be encouraging hand washing at a wash station custom built for our needs:
it uses a CDC-formulated non-alcohol-based HAND-CLEANER that is C19-effective and will not harm rod finishes.

- Continuing with the BASH22 all-outdoor theme, Saturday morning's (23rd April) TackleTalk program in the Docks Pavilion will
be featuring Southern Appalachian rod building legend Walter Babb in a rare appearance. The Talk will be rounded out with announcements
of the Silent Auction winners of Mr. Sinclair's Goodwin Granger, The Rod Man from Denver books donated by our sponsor, Little River Outfitters.

So, no matter if it's your Ump-teenth or First-Time BambooBash, this year's event will one for the record books! See you in Townsend!
Last edited by tunafart on 04/09/22 12:42, edited 2 times in total.

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Looking forward to the day at Metcalf.
Great eats + great friends + great tackle = a very memorable day
Paul, Rich and Ray: A huge THANK YOU for your efforts!

Doug

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Canewrap »

I just finished a new rod and can't wait to try it at the Bash, but even more I cannot
wait to see everybody again.

RymanType
Guide

Post by RymanType »

The event cannot get here soon enough. Long term forecast indicating perfect weather right now. Counting down the days…

GANGGREEN
Guide

Post by GANGGREEN »

I'm a new bamboo guy and had never heard of this. It's relatively close to my home (3.5 hours) and I'd love to attend, but sadly, my younger son will be visiting at that time and I doubt that I can talk him into it. Hope you all have a good time and MAYBE I'll get to visit briefly.

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Howdy GG -
Glad to hear of your interest. And y'all would be most welcome anytime.
This free Thu/Fri/Sat event can be 'short-term-sampled' any day you're available.
Friday especially will see a lot of focus on the Casting Lane, with much lively discussion :eek :lol
cropping up around comparisons of the big variety of fly lines available from the LineLab.
It's a great opportunity for flyfishing newcomers to learn-by-seeing &-doing
without the pressures of those pesky actual-fish distractions.

Bring a rod, bring a friend. Stay as long as you like. We'll be lookin' out for you!

rudyc
Sport

Post by rudyc »

I just had to cancel our reservations at the Docks Motel, so there my be an open room.
It's a good day for something.

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

well, we are packed up and headed to Townsend! I think i must have close to 50 rods for casting; so, if you are interested in trying lots of different tapers, please swing by Docks Motel! We are in the 2nd cabin on the right :) See everyone soon!

jvh
Master Guide

Post by jvh »

Wow, 50 rods. You've been busy. I'll be in Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Vern

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Reporting here from BASH World HQ
(that’s Docks Motel in Townsend TN)
where the Little River is in mid-flow, clear and the forecast is for blue skies over the green Casting Lane this Thurs-Sat.
Image. Image
(Hey Brian, is that your rock? lookin’ good!)

(PS: if you still need a room, word is there’s one available right now;
see post #1 for Docks phone)

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Counting down the hours. Can't wait to join you gents Wednesday. Safe travels to all.
Doug

BGreer
Master Guide

Post by BGreer »

tunafart wrote:
04/18/22 07:43
Reporting here from BASH World HQ
(that’s Docks Motel in Townsend TN)
where the Little River is in mid-flow, clear and the forecast is for blue skies over the green Casting Lane this Thurs-Sat. Image
(Hey Brian, is that your rock? lookin’ good!)

That *is* the gauge rock, Paul. Looks like the Little River is running a little high but it looks quite clear. It should be pretty prime for the bash.

I will be leaving the house on Wed morning and should arrive mid to late afternoon.

Brian

czkid
Administrator

Post by czkid »

Ralph is packed and ready!! Should hit Docks between 12 and 1PM on Tuesday. I'll be holding down the new "Bash HQ" which is the big cabin at the end of the motel row. Perhaps Paul can post a photo. See you there.

Ralph

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Paul / ‘tunafart’ here, reporting from World BASH HQ in Townsend TN. The great weather I ordered for BASH Week has arrived on time:
sunny, clear & warm are the buzz through the weekend.
We’ll have the Casting Lane set later today after the grass gets cut, and tomorrow we’re off to the races with the full program.
That it will be a good time for all is a confident call! Join us!

narcodog
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by narcodog »

Well. I screwed up, I thought it was next week. I guess I'll have to get packed.

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

all is forgiven Bob, as long as you get your sorry butt HERE!

I’m heading to Metcalf ‘bout now, and therefore, will be radio-silent for a bit,
‘specially while chewing...

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

RymanType
Guide

Post by RymanType »

Thanks to all for making mine and Kates first BooBash a memorable and great experience. It was nice to meet so many new folks and we appreciate the hospitality. Doug, thanks for all your work on the line lab, such a wonderful tool and Paul for your organization of the event.

Already looking forward to next year!

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

Appalachian Spring was never better!
BambooBash22 is on the books as a good time for all!
Many thanks to our sponsors:
- Docks Motel, for as always, a venue perfect for the event,
- Little River Outfitters, for auction donations and Sage Advice, and
- the Townsend IGA, for the ice & water that kept us going!
Many thanks, for sure, to Rich & Ray for a Southern Bar-B-Que Supreme.
And Walter Babb showed us all how a humble, confident and talented Southern Gentleman Rodmaker practices his craft!
See y'all next year!!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Post your pics too!

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”