***_BambooBash22 Central_***

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

chestatee
Master Guide

Re: ***_BambooBash22 Central_***

Post by chestatee »

An amazing gathering of wonderful people. What a memorable event. The many new faces made this year special (Brandon, Bill, Bo, Kate, Ron, Diane and many I am forgetting!). I was especially jealous of you gents who convinced your wives to join. Will press my wife to make this event next year.

Our humble, tireless and ever observant leader put together my most memorable Bash yet. Paul, you are a saint.

The lunch at Metcalf was perfect. Rich & Ray always deliver a superb meal. Thank you gents.

The casting lawn was perfect. Room for several casters, obstacles, rocks, targets and a unique canopy at the tree line that was reminiscent of many streams a few miles away. The expert casters on hand were always willing to lend a hand. Thank you Brian, Bill A, Bill D and David. I promise to practice.

The generosity, humility and kindness of this group cannot be overstated.

I can’t stop smiling as a I reflect on the days with so many dear friends (both old and new). Honored to have been a part of such an incredible Bash.

Czkid’s (Ralph) 80th birthday was the ‘icing on the cake’!

Doug

jvh
Master Guide

Post by jvh »

Yep, a truly great Bash. Lots of rods to cast, lines to try thanks to Doug and his amazing line lab, great food, etc. Thanks to everyone for making this great.
Reservations have been made for next year.
Vern

RymanType
Guide

Post by RymanType »

Kate took a few photos this weekend:

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

The casting lane from another perspective:

Flyman615
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Flyman615 »

Congrats! Looks like a great time was had by all. Good on ya!

Scott Z.
Flyman615

"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

fefferje
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by fefferje »

Hey Doug thank you for summing up the Bash. All of you folks made it the uniquely welcoming place that Joan and I have come to expect. We had great weather and great discussions. Rick and Ray’s food was yummy. We have reserved #19 for next year. Paul, thank you for your generous lead. Good luck on your move to Michigan! So many generous folks with time, talent and treasure. Blessings to you all!! Joan and I wish you a safe, beautiful and fruitful year. Til we meet again, Blessings, Jed and Joan.
Fefferfly

abingram
Master Guide

Post by abingram »

Thanks to everyone involved in making this great 4-5 days of nothing but boo. I had not been in about three years and it was great to visit with quite a few that I talked bamboo back then. In this crazy world we live in now I am so thankful that a bunch of us can gather and have a very great time together talking about a sport that makes our life more enjoyable. It was also grand to meet new people and become friends who you can share part of this life with. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year. Barry

eastprong
Bamboo Fanatic

Bamboo Bash: Walter Babb Video

Post by eastprong »

Greetings Bashers: I wish I had found this before the Bash, but here is video about Walter Babb, our guest speaker, from a locally produced TV show, "The Heartland Series", a beautifully conceived and produced chronicle of the the old ways in East Tennessee. For the broader bamboo community, everything rings true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nW_d5xo5ck

Canewrap
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Canewrap »

Really great Rich. Loved watching it, especially since I have met and talked to Mr. Babb about rodmaking.

mhill

Post by mhill »

Was not able to attend. Near the appointed time I got a phone call about my mom not doing well and hopped on a plane to be by her side. She died a few hours after I got there. Many thanks for the Docks for being understanding about my late cancelation. But I do want to attend this year. Is there a date set?
Life's a party and I'm the pinata!

tunafart
Master Guide

Post by tunafart »

The ‘Official Announcement’ for the Bash usually gets
announced in early/mid December with all the trimmings,

but since you asked . . .

BamboBash23 is scheduled for 20-22Apr2023
(that’s Thur thru Sat) at Docks Motel in beautiful
Townsend TN. Our ‘hostess-w/the mostest’ Manager Sharon now is taking Docks reservations for what space is left.

The ‘trimmings’ are a work-in-progress, but certainly do have all the rods, reels, lines and … food … you have come to expect.
Stay tuned . . .

chestatee
Master Guide

Post by chestatee »

Thanks for all you do Paul!
Several of us can't seem to quit talking about the Bash. We are VERY ready for April in Townsend with an amazing group.
Doug

flyrod
Guide

Post by flyrod »

chestatee wrote:
10/06/22 06:54
Thanks for all you do Paul!
Several of us can't seem to quit talking about the Bash. We are VERY ready for April in Townsend with an amazing group.
Doug
I totally agree with Doug, HUGE thanks Paul for all you do! :D

RymanType
Guide

Post by RymanType »

Thanks Paul!
The official countdown is now on at our house. We look forward to seeing everyone again

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”