One Pfoot

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

ReelPatina
Guide

Re: One Pfoot

Post by ReelPatina »

G-ManBart wrote:
05/21/22 11:57
ReelPatina wrote:
05/21/22 00:25
After an April order that was paid for and not shipped, I have since sent 3 emails to their business address and several through PayPal with no reply from Onepfoot.

I have tried to not to jump to conclusions, but…
Ouch...that certainly isn't good. I can only hope the return of the website is a good sign. J.W. Burg Machine & Tool Inc seems to be their other company, and that one has a phone number listed. If I was in your position I think I'd call that number and ask to talk to Joe...I can't imagine they make the reel parts at a different location. I would probably politely say I tried that venue in case their was a problem with the Pfoot e-mail configuration following the website being down...it's possible.
I will try that route, thank you. I am hoping it’s simply a system hack with lack technical knowledge on their end to fix such a problem. Much more palatable than the loss of a valuable vintage reel parts resource to the group.

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

I have been refunded by PayPal as of this morning based on their investigation. I do not know what that means for all of us with Onepfoot continuing or not or if this was just a glitch. The one thing I do know is that they did not reply after taking payment.

Mr. Selb does carry the parts and I will continue doing business with him.

3creeks
Master Guide

Post by 3creeks »

I also had to request a Paypal refund from them after a lot of time passed and with no response. I'll say it again; Nobody's getting rich making small parts for classic Pfleuger reels. I heard a rumor that they had a baby fairly recently which could play a role. Everyone's life has its challenges. But to hang out a shingle, as it were, and then to be completely radio silent for weeks and weeks, after taking people's money, it's not a good way to run a business OR a side job. I have a few Medalists that I'd really hoped to pimp out so this is disappointing on a number of levels.

Birddogtwo

Post by Birddogtwo »

I placed an order back in April and my PayPal was charged $150 on April 28. Sent a couple of emails with no response. This morning I sent an email to the primary company and recieved an email from Jamie Burg a couple of hours later. Apparently they are having issues with thier website and she is looking into the problem. They are still around and doing business.

jamieburg jwburg.com
7:27 AM (12 hours ago)
to me

Hello David,
I will look into this and get back to you. Sometimes with our cart the orders don’t get processed the correct way and we don’t ever get the order. I apologize for this inconvenience and will update you shortly. Thank you

Return to “Classic Reels”