One Pfoot

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

ReelPatina
Guide

Re: One Pfoot

Post by ReelPatina »

G-ManBart wrote:
05/21/22 11:57
ReelPatina wrote:
05/21/22 00:25
After an April order that was paid for and not shipped, I have since sent 3 emails to their business address and several through PayPal with no reply from Onepfoot.

I have tried to not to jump to conclusions, but…
Ouch...that certainly isn't good. I can only hope the return of the website is a good sign. J.W. Burg Machine & Tool Inc seems to be their other company, and that one has a phone number listed. If I was in your position I think I'd call that number and ask to talk to Joe...I can't imagine they make the reel parts at a different location. I would probably politely say I tried that venue in case their was a problem with the Pfoot e-mail configuration following the website being down...it's possible.
I will try that route, thank you. I am hoping it’s simply a system hack with lack technical knowledge on their end to fix such a problem. Much more palatable than the loss of a valuable vintage reel parts resource to the group.

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

I have been refunded by PayPal as of this morning based on their investigation. I do not know what that means for all of us with Onepfoot continuing or not or if this was just a glitch. The one thing I do know is that they did not reply after taking payment.

Mr. Selb does carry the parts and I will continue doing business with him.

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

I also had to request a Paypal refund from them after a lot of time passed and with no response. I'll say it again; Nobody's getting rich making small parts for classic Pfleuger reels. I heard a rumor that they had a baby fairly recently which could play a role. Everyone's life has its challenges. But to hang out a shingle, as it were, and then to be completely radio silent for weeks and weeks, after taking people's money, it's not a good way to run a business OR a side job. I have a few Medalists that I'd really hoped to pimp out so this is disappointing on a number of levels.

Birddogtwo

Post by Birddogtwo »

I placed an order back in April and my PayPal was charged $150 on April 28. Sent a couple of emails with no response. This morning I sent an email to the primary company and recieved an email from Jamie Burg a couple of hours later. Apparently they are having issues with thier website and she is looking into the problem. They are still around and doing business.

jamieburg jwburg.com
7:27 AM (12 hours ago)
to me

Hello David,
I will look into this and get back to you. Sometimes with our cart the orders don’t get processed the correct way and we don’t ever get the order. I apologize for this inconvenience and will update you shortly. Thank you

Fcs
Guide

Post by Fcs »

I ordered a pfoot from the website on Aug 7 and received it today (Aug 25). I didn't receive any order confirmation from them but Paypal let me know when it was shipped.
"Wherever the fish are, that's where we go."
Richard Wagner

sierraflyfisher

Post by sierraflyfisher »

Have any forum members made any recent purchases or had contact with Joe Burg at One Pfoot? I made two successful purchases from him back in September and October 2022. The last purchase I made went OK expect for he included the wrong product instructions to install the part. I've been trying since October to reach him with multiple emails and have had no luck. I certainly hope all is OK with him and/or his family. Any updates from forum members would be appreciated.

TytLynz2U2
Sport

Post by TytLynz2U2 »

Fcs wrote:
08/25/22 17:56
I ordered a pfoot from the website on Aug 7 and received it today (Aug 25). I didn't receive any order confirmation from them but Paypal let me know when it was shipped.
This is also the way my recent purchase was completed. The PayPal shipment email was the only communication that let me know my order was received and was being fulfilled. But the product I received is as excellent as ever.
“Life is too short to not fish a great fly rod and a great fly reel.”

sierraflyfisher

Thanks for the concurrence. I sure hope all is well and Joe will maintain One Pfoot for all us Medalist fans.

clarkii seleniris

Post by clarkii seleniris »

sierraflyfisher,
I just want to add that I'm also waiting on a part that was paid for in September. I've emailed several times but no response at all. I'm trying to be patient because of what you and others have expressed - One Pfoot is providing a valuable service. I just wish there was some sort of acknowledgement of my emails.

chris fox
Sport

Post by chris fox »

I placed an order on 11/25/22 and just received my confirmation today though PayPal with tracking number included.

sierraflyfisher

Thank you all for your input. Personally I think I am going to hold off on purchases from One Pfoot until a positive pattern develops. It also means I’m going to have to stay away from all those old medalists I see that need TLC on my classic reel hunting adventures. Like many of you, I’m fond of these clunky old reels that ooze so much affordable vintage charm.

SpringCreek
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by SpringCreek »

You might try purchasing parts from Bob Selb. I think he still maintains at least some inventory of parts.

http://www.classicflyfisherman.com/M_PARTS.html
Then as it was, then again it will be. Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. - Led Zeppelin, 10 Years Gone

http://www.splittingcane.com

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Bob Selb was low on parts the last time I spoke with him and he was having trouble finding more. That was a few months ago so maybe things have changed.

TXTrout
Master Guide

Post by TXTrout »

I had Jamie at onepfoot reach out to me apologizing about issues with their ordering notification system yesterday. I made an order about three weeks ago and hadn't followed up on the order. They reached out to me, on that they weren't happy on the butterscotch handles they have, offering to refund or supply another color.

They seem to be taking care of things and if you are having issues with an old order, I would suggest calling them.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

TytLynz2U2
Sport

Post by TytLynz2U2 »

TXTrout wrote:
12/08/22 15:26
They seem to be taking care of things and if you are having issues with an old order, I would suggest calling them.
Yes, and/or cancel your last PayPal order via PayPal, and then place the order again and see if it doesn’t work this time.
“Life is too short to not fish a great fly rod and a great fly reel.”

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

I really appreciate this from the OnePfoot website - what is where and what its called and why and how and more!

" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Use the SEARCH for justification and reasoning.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

what a pfoot

" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)

Cane Head
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Cane Head »

I take it that is a recent purchase and they now come "polished?" I use one from the 90's, back when Bob Corsetti supplied them, and it's brushed aluminium.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

JoeBolt
Master Guide

Post by JoeBolt »

Nice Pfit! I myself went for a counterbalance on a 1492, as if it would ever make any difference!
That is a nice reel, and a great bump.

Return to “Classic Reels”