One Pfoot

The purpose of this board is to discuss, ask questions about, and give answers concerning fly reels, their makers and their history.

Moderator: Ken M 44

PezVela

One Pfoot

Post by PezVela »

Years ago I had Bill Franke trick out a couple 1494 Medalist reels with round line guards, metal drag plates and spool covers, etc.
I've got another 1494 I'd like done, and I know Bill has long since passed. Does anyone know if "One Pfoot" is still in business? They have a nice web site, but I can't get them to respond to my emails, and there is no phone number. Thanks for any information.

NewUtahCaneAngler
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: One Pfoot

Post by NewUtahCaneAngler »

They no longer perform such services

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

I would write these folks off and go directly to Bob Selb at Classic Fly Fisherman for M-parts. I speak from experience in dealing with both. Bob doesn't do work on Medalists but he offers a decent selection of parts. He also responds to emails. I never dealt with Bill Franke but I wish I had been into Medalists back then.

PezVela

Post by PezVela »

Ouch... had hoped they were still in bidness. Thanks for the source for Medalist parts with Bob Selbs!

Jdcross
Sport

Post by Jdcross »

Good luck with Bob Selb.
He will reply to emails but never seems to follow-up

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Bob Selb has both replied to my emails and followed up. I purchased a CFO III from him 2 weeks ago and he was quick to reply to me and was great.

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

PezVela wrote:
12/19/21 13:23
Ouch... had hoped they were still in bidness. Thanks for the source for Medalist parts with Bob Selbs!
I was as kind as I could have been without going into details. I don't think it benefits anyone to completely burn down someone's side hustle (because who's making tiny parts for vintage reels for the $ anyway?).

rosc78

Post by rosc78 »

I had dealings with Mr. Selb a few weeks ago and he was great.

lloyd3
Master Guide

Post by lloyd3 »

I am really sorry to hear this. OnePfoot was excellent to deal with in the past. Makes me grateful that I had the reels done that I did.

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

TytLynz2U2
Sport

Post by TytLynz2U2 »

I thought it might be helpful to pass along my very recent positive experience with One-Pfoot.
I placed an order on their site yesterday afternoon and this morning received an email update from PayPal containing the USPS tracking number, and notifying me that my order is on its way.
“Life is too short to not fish a great fly rod and a great fly reel.”

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Now that is very positive news indeed!
thanks much for letting us know!
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

Anyone do business with them as of late?

JoeBolt
Master Guide

Post by JoeBolt »

Very successful, back in February. So some months ago already.
Try reaching Joe Burg directly at

onepfoot@gmail dot com

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

I have reached out to him about an April order with no response. Additionally, their website is down. Was wondering if perhaps someone knew if they might be on vacation or perhaps some other issue might have come up.

lloyd3
Master Guide

Post by lloyd3 »

Hope the Covid didnt get'em.

G-ManBart
Master Guide

Post by G-ManBart »

ReelPatina wrote:
05/10/22 11:01
I have reached out to him about an April order with no response. Additionally, their website is down. Was wondering if perhaps someone knew if they might be on vacation or perhaps some other issue might have come up.
The website is back up and running. I haven't contacted them, but plan to soon.

ReelPatina
Guide

Post by ReelPatina »

After an April order that was paid for and not shipped, I have since sent 3 emails to their business address and several through PayPal with no reply from Onepfoot.

I have tried to not to jump to conclusions, but…

JoeBolt
Master Guide

Post by JoeBolt »

I hope all gets resolved. ASAP. Something isn't right.
I really got very nice service back in February, including a partial refund, and I know that Joe just hated being out of stock for some items. We dearly need One Pfoot! Good luck.

G-ManBart
Master Guide

Post by G-ManBart »

ReelPatina wrote:
05/21/22 00:25
After an April order that was paid for and not shipped, I have since sent 3 emails to their business address and several through PayPal with no reply from Onepfoot.

I have tried to not to jump to conclusions, but…
Ouch...that certainly isn't good. I can only hope the return of the website is a good sign. J.W. Burg Machine & Tool Inc seems to be their other company, and that one has a phone number listed. If I was in your position I think I'd call that number and ask to talk to Joe...I can't imagine they make the reel parts at a different location. I would probably politely say I tried that venue in case their was a problem with the Pfoot e-mail configuration following the website being down...it's possible.

Return to “Classic Reels”