Pick The Great Rod

This board is for discussing the collecting of bamboo fly rods, both classic and modern. Remember that respect and civility is the goal of this board.

Moderator: TheMontyMan

Morten

Re: Pick The Great Rod

Post by Morten »

You more or less answered your own question. If I where you, I would get on Bob Summers waiting list for a model 856. Alternatively get a used Para 15. this is a rod suited to fish your favorite waters. I was blown away the first time I cast an original Para 15 with the wet tip, a lot of reserve.

GMflyf1sh
Guide

Post by GMflyf1sh »

I guess I have more questions than answers. Many an hour was spent talking to Gary Howells or Glenn Brackett about how, where, what, and timing to get to what they tho[ught was a good taper and fit for fishing. So I guess I would have to ask you what when where and how before I could venture a guess.

Gregg

Seabowisha Salmo T
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Seabowisha Salmo T »

GMflyf1sh wrote:
06/23/22 08:00
I guess I have more questions than answers. Many an hour was spent talking to Gary Howells or Glenn Brackett about how, where, what, and timing to get to what they tho[ught was a good taper and fit for fishing. So I guess I would have to ask you what when where and how before I could venture a guess.

Gregg
hello, gregg; the greatest rod in my estimation, whether for collecting or fishing remains the KOSMIC artificed by the holy three - thomas, payne, and edwards.

regards, jim w

GMflyf1sh
Guide

Post by GMflyf1sh »

I spent a lot of time one the phone with Gary Howells and in person with Glenn Brackett. They asked a lot of questions before making any recommendation. Water size, flies, etc. There were many questions before I ever picked a rod.

Gregg

Return to “Collecting Bamboo Fly Rods”