A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

Fatman

Post by Fatman »

Ciao Amici,
thank you for accepting me, I am writing from Italy. I am a fishing enthusiast and I decided to try to build my own fishing rod. I normally practice the spinning technique, but fly fishing has always fascinated me even if for the cost of the equipment (at least here in Italy) I have never been able to try it.
Maybe if I manage to build my own equipment I will be able to approach this technique. I apologize for my poor english i get help from google
Last edited by Fatman on 12/30/21 07:16, edited 1 time in total.

kenwey4534
Guide

Re: New menber

Post by kenwey4534 »

Welcome Fatman

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: New member

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Hello from Branson Missouri USA - glad to have you !
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Step up to the plate with any lumber you want.

Fatman

Post by Fatman »

👋👍

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Fatman, welcome from Sheridan Wyoming!!

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Welcome. I'm not sure if you know about this journal but it has a lot of good reading. Also don't apologize for your English- I've been speaking English for nearly 60 years and I'm still not very good at it!
http://www.rodmakers.eu/

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Welcome, Fatman! Your English is certainly a lot better than my Italian! And, I believe there are lots of folks here who can offer you assistance if you decide to go the builder route!

Good luck!

bellbird
Master Guide

Post by bellbird »

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy. Cheers.
Earl
....with the hope a fish will rise.

flyslinger
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyslinger »

Welcome from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Fatman! Enjoy the forum, and welcome aboard.

Dirk
"Always drink upstream from the herd."

eapling
Guide

Post by eapling »

welcome fatman ,
Your English is fine. I also recommend http://www.rodmakers.eu/

JerryG
Sport

Post by JerryG »

With the start of this new year 2022 and after following this board from its beginning days and often several times a day to keep abreast of things, I am finally joining! First off, I have been fly fishing for more than 40 years and along the way became “ the dreaded collector”. Having liked fly fishing, antiques and history, I've put it together. There is so much in the world of fly fishing to keep you busy for a lifetime. Through this board, I have met many of its members and formed many friendships even being part of the “Tim Pond” crew. I wish everyone the best of health and spiritual enrichment through fly fishing, especially through all of its aspects and its history. I encourage everyone to support our angling institutions, the American Museum of Fly Fishing, The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and the Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Museum.

Kenneth
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Kenneth »

Ciao "Fatman" (qualche traduzione dall'italiano?) e benvenuto!

As you can see I, too, live in Italy although I'm not Italian. Once this whole C-19 situation clears up, if you're anywhere near Rome you're more than welcome to look me up and we'll go try some bamboo rods together on a stream somewhere.

Buon anno nuovo,
Kenneth

Fatman

Post by Fatman »

Thank you all for your welcome and I hope to learn a lot from the forum. I wish everyone a Happy New Year.
I answer Kenneth ... unfortunately I live in Turin, however my company is based in Rome and if I happen to come down I would be very happy to collect Bambu

cwfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by cwfly »

JerryG wrote:
01/03/22 13:44
With the start of this new year 2022 and after following this board from its beginning days and often several times a day to keep abreast of things, I am finally joining! First off, I have been fly fishing for more than 40 years and along the way became “ the dreaded collector”. Having liked fly fishing, antiques and history, I've put it together. There is so much in the world of fly fishing to keep you busy for a lifetime. Through this board, I have met many of its members and formed many friendships even being part of the “Tim Pond” crew. I wish everyone the best of health and spiritual enrichment through fly fishing, especially through all of its aspects and its history. I encourage everyone to support our angling institutions, the American Museum of Fly Fishing, The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and the Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Museum.
Jerry, A Happy New Year to you and a welcome to the board you have followed, quietly, for years.
Charlie

canesterdf
Master Guide

Post by canesterdf »

Hi Jerry ! Welcome to the board and the Very Best to you in the New Year! I look forward to the next time our paths cross and we can visit again Paul D Narlesky

JerryG
Sport

Post by JerryG »

Thank you Paul. Great to hear from you again. Jerry

Return to “Members Corner”