PM system

Use this forum for Q&A of a technical nature, i.e., PC, cache, screen related problems, picture resizing, avatars and the like. We will also post facts here for you and instructions of a how-to nature which should make things more fun for you by eliminating some of the frustration with posting photos, etc. Thanks.

Moderator: Titelines

BruceHandley
Bamboo Fanatic

PM system

Post by BruceHandley »

Anyone else having a problem with our PM's? I'm getting a contact without an message.
Bruce

flyfishermann1955
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: PM system

Post by flyfishermann1955 »

At the beginning of Dec, I was receiving PMs without getting the normal e-mail that I had a PM, but it's working normally again.

I guess your issue is different; you're getting an e-mail, but then you don't have a PM; am I understanding that correctly?

Thanks- Ken

BruceHandley
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BruceHandley »

No, I'm getting a PM contact but then no message.
Bruce

flyfishermann1955
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by flyfishermann1955 »

What is a "PM contact"?

Thanks- Ken

Peales
Master Guide

Post by Peales »

I have had problems sending PMs recently, they just disappear into the ether. I have also received PMs without the alert email notifications.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

It may have been a scammer that I banned and deleted their account. I've received numerous PM's in the last few days and they all seemed to be all there.

Mark

BruceHandley
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by BruceHandley »

Mark, How do I correct this problem? I have 3 PMs that have no subject matter and these are about an item that was for sale on the board. When I try to contact these people and try to explain the problem I'm not sure they are getting my PMs.
Bruce

roycestearns
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by roycestearns »

Mark, I worked with Bruce to resolve his problem. I would suggest that every user logoff and sign back in with their user id and password (no auto login) since the upgrade. Bruce is running Windows 11 and MS Edge browser.

Titelines
Administrator

Post by Titelines »

A little tip. When you think you are experiencing weird glitches with your account, on the every page of the forum at the bottom you'll see a link titled "Delete Cookies". If you click on this link, it will log you out and delete the cookies on your computer from this forum. That tends to clear up a lot of problems for folks who use the Remember Me box on login.

Mark

Return to “Technical Support”