Semperfli Catalog - Any other similar catalogs?

A place to discuss the collecting and tying of classic flies, the tyers who made them famous, the tools, materials and techniques they used as well as the waters they were designed for. While classic is generally used to describe old things, classic is also used in the sense of first class or in the highest form. Therefore a fully dressed Salmon Fly, or a Carrie Stevens Streamer are just as much classics as a Chernobyl Ant would be. Enjoy the forum.

Moderators: Ken M 44, joaniebo

AlexP
Master Guide

Semperfli Catalog - Any other similar catalogs?

Post by AlexP »

Hello,

I am a rookie tier with limited knowledge of materials. And I definitely do not have an opinion pro/con on synthetic materials, so not looking forward to that discussion. However, I am amazed just looking at this catalog from Semperfli. I love how they present their products, how they show flies tied with such products, and even the profiles from their pro tiers. I think it is awesome to browse, almost like a tying book. Are there any other online catalogs by other tying material "producers" like this? Would love to see others of this quality.

https://issuu.com/semperfli/docs/semper ... 0_26_2/322

Apologies, the link takes you to the last couple pages, you want to scroll to the front in its navigator.

I get many catalogs in the mail, triple or quadruple in my email, but nothing compares to this.

Anyway, no financial interest, I have bought some of their products at fly shops and I like them.

Tight Lines

BigTJ
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Semperfli Catalog - Any other similar catalogs?

Post by BigTJ »

Nothing out there like that I’ve ever seen. I am a huge fan of their products. Threads and wire especially.

barebo
Master Guide

Re: Semperfli Catalog - Any other similar catalogs?

Post by barebo »

Wow - that is an amazingly complete catalog that showcases the materials like I've never seen. Thanks for a great link!

Return to “Collecting and Tying Classic Flies”