New guy here...

A place where members can introduce themselves, tell us a little bit about themselves and their passions. Please feel free to link your personal website, blog or tell us about any service you offer.

Moderator: Titelines

1OldKid

New guy here...

Post by 1OldKid »

Greetings all,
Retired farmer, have done a little wood working, learning how to tie flies, and currently living in the Idaho steelhead country.
Years ago I began dabbling with fly fishing, always thought it looked graceful and cool, but found as a kid I lacked the patience to learn fly casting. Started telling my self that I would save it for when I got older...Fast forward to today and I decided I finally have time to pursue fly fishing more earnestly. I finally caught my first steelhead on a fly just before this Christmas, was even my own home tied one, I was stoked!
Will be posting some pictures of a stick I got years ago and can't find info about.
Roy

Brian K. Shaffer
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: New guy here...

Post by Brian K. Shaffer »

Welcome - pull up a chair and join in the fun!

We all glad to have you!

Cheers, Brian

Posting pictures here most use a photo page called Post Image.
Load your photo to that host site for using here.

A little tricky but read a few explanations if you get stuck - one will make enough sense and allow you to follow thru.
" There's no such thing as a fly fisherman wholly satisfied with his casting performance. " ~ Jim Green (1971)
" Just once I wish a trout would wink at me. " ~ Brian Shaffer

Use the SEARCH for justification and reasoning.

1OldKid

Re: New guy here...

Post by 1OldKid »

Thanks Brian, appreciate the welcome.
And thanks for the pic posting tip, am trying to get that figured out now...

Return to “Members Corner”