Blue Ridge Bamboo Gathering 2022 May 6-8

The Forum to list all Gatherings and Shows

Moderators: czkid, Ken M 44

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Blue Ridge Bamboo Gathering 2022 May 6-8

Post by Short Tip »

Howdy friends, I am hopeful that we will be able to have the Blue Ridge Gathering this year. As always, it will be held at Graves' Mountain Lodge, Syria VA 22743. For those who haven't been, we take over a large building (Poplar Lodge) at the facility. It includes a large common room for sales, displays and hanging out, a common kitchen, small double occupancy rooms, and unlimited casting room outside. Adjacent to Shenandoah National Park and some of the finest wild brook trout fishing in the country. Several blue ribbon wild trout streams are within minutes of the lodge including the famous Rapidan. A stocked trout stream flows through the lodge property.

https://www.gravesmountain.com/

The Lodge has undergone some changes since we last gathered, you can now pick and choose your meal plan. Rooms can include three meals, no meals, or anything in between. The food is excellent and the menu has been updated. Room rates at the Poplar Lodge are 84.00 per person per night. This no longer includes meals! The 3 meal plan is 63.00 per person per day. Those of you who have attended in the past know the quality and quantity of the meals - they are generous to say the least! Still a bargain, but if you want to reduce the number of meals you can easily do so, contact the Lodge for details. We will also have tables available in our big common room - first come first served.

I'm cautiously hopeful that Omicron will be on the wane by the time we meet. It'd be great if everyone was vaccinated and boosted. I've missed these gatherings and I know y'all have as well. I'm excited about it!

Keep an eye on this group for more info, and please reach out via PM or email me: Paul@brooktrout.fishing
Hope to see everyone soon!
PK

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Blue Ridge Bamboo Gathering 2022 May 6-8

Post by headwaters »

Thanks, Paul! I'm looking forward to it!

Softhackle1960

Post by Softhackle1960 »

Just a quick note, I am bad and boosted but contracted Omni at Xmas time…..the outcome was ok but I wouldn’t say the 2 weeks I was down was mild….just an FYI.
No politics intended

Softhackle1960

Post by Softhackle1960 »

Auto correct made vaxed in bad???

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

Reservation made! See you soon.

chsparkman
Master Guide

Post by chsparkman »

I booked as well. Looking forward to it!
...as for us we pin our faith and fealty to the silk-wound PENTAGONAL rod cunningly yet simply devised of its FIVE subtle, individual triangular strips of cane throughout...

Holden, George Parker. (modified by me) Idyl of the Split Bamboo

Tommasini
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tommasini »

Let's see now? 300 miles one way, SUV gets 30 miles per gallon, gas by May 6th will be $10 a gallon , that's $200 in fuel cost! Like to go but we'll see.
Last edited by Tommasini on 03/10/22 12:37, edited 1 time in total.

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

Well Marty, I do enjoy your company and hope you can come, we'll leave politics behind. I'll welcome you if you attend, and we'll miss you if you don't.

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Again, leaving current events aside: Come on, Marty, you have to be there! And, as I recall, you usually car-pool. We'll definitely miss you if you don't show-up! Who else will keep us grounded with pithy, trenchant comments?

Tommasini
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tommasini »

I'll see if I can get Vladimir the newly wed to go. Hate to spend that gas money and only stay a couple days. May have to extend the stay by a couple.

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

Tommasini wrote:
03/10/22 12:40
I'll see if I can get Vladimir the newly wed to go. Hate to spend that gas money and only stay a couple days. May have to extend the stay by a couple.
Why not? The fishing will be grand then. Congrats to Vlad and hope he can come, if he's back from his honeymoon. If he has moved, I'll need his new address to mail back whatever he leaves behind.

PK

headwaters
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by headwaters »

Short Tip wrote:
03/10/22 13:50
Tommasini wrote:
03/10/22 12:40
Why not? The fishing will be grand then. Congrats to Vlad and hope he can come, if he's back from his honeymoon. If he has moved, I'll need his new address to mail back whatever he leaves behind.

PK
Priceless! And, Marty, please pass along my congratulations to Vlad as well!

Tommasini
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Tommasini »

Will do.
The old lady is complaining about all the rods taking up closet space. The honeymoon is over!!

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by spruce grouse »

Marty,
Just sell one of those T&T commemorative rods for gas money. We’re worth it.

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

Hi folks, please make your reservation NOW if you plan to attend, the rooms may sell out if you wait too long. I'm excited to see everyone!

May 6-8, 2022. Call 540-923-4231, talk to Terry and book a room!

Paul

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

Alright folks, looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days. I'll be arriving on Thursday evening for you early birds. The fishing has been spectacular! And I have a box full of new toys we can play with.

It may not be too late to book a last minute room, give the Lodge a call.

Paul

munsey w
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by munsey w »

Paul- Rupert and I will also be in on Thursday. We can celebrate your retirement!

spruce grouse
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by spruce grouse »

Unfortunately, I’m not going to make it this weekend, so I’m sure the fishing will be great.
That frees up a room for someone else who might consider going.

Short Tip
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Short Tip »

We'll miss you Sprucie. Send the rods down to the Lodge c/o me, we'll take good care of them!

Folks, we have plenty of inside room to play, we will be going rain or shine. See ya shortly!

Return to “Gatherings and Shows”