Hmmmm... Guess I'm not alone in this.....

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Hmmmm... Guess I'm not alone in this.....

Post by Brooks »

TV shows: “Little Boxes” theme song for the TV show ‘Weeds’, works great as a Bozeman theme song.

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

cwfly wrote:
01/19/22 20:22
Are you telling us that you are basing your view of life, and your knowledge of Bozeman MT where my kids and grandchildren live, on TV shows?
And? Actually, it was a joke about an episode in a great TV show. Now if instead I go back and re-read all the posts in this thread then yes, I would base my views of Bozeman well down the list of great cities it USED to be. This is a more recent evaluation of Bozeman.

"The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Bozeman is 1 in 57. Based on FBI crime data, Bozeman is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Montana, Bozeman has a crime rate that is higher than 74% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes."

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/mt/bo ... ll%20sizes.
'

PT48
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PT48 »

Think about the big, big picture. When Europeans "discovered" and settled the east coast of America they dispossessed the native occupants of their lands. Some tribes moved west and in doing so dispossessed other indigenous peoples. The classic example of this is the Sioux who were pushed as far as eastern Montana. Maybe we should ask the Crows, Blackfeet, Pawnees, Shoshones Nez Perce and others how they feel about the unwelcome changes that they were forced to endure. History just keeps on repeating itself.

ffftroutbum
Master Guide

Post by ffftroutbum »

I find this thread pretty offensive, and some the comments really sadden me. Mark, not sure why you felt the need to post it. I am often a lurker here, but this thread really turns me off from being a part of this group.

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Actually I wish Sheridan had some of the conveniences that Bozeman has. We don't have anything close to the Rosauers or the co-op here.

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

ffftroutbum wrote:
01/20/22 03:10
I find this thread pretty offensive, and some the comments really sadden me. Mark, not sure why you felt the need to post it. I am often a lurker here, but this thread really turns me off from being a part of this group.
No worries. I just thought it was interesting to post what others, whoever posted the billboard, think of the abuses this valley is experiencing. Thats' all. Take from it what you will.
Last edited by Hellmtflies on 01/20/22 16:03, edited 1 time in total.

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

And then there’s this 😎

galt
Master Guide

Post by galt »

Hellmtflies wrote:
01/17/22 11:13

Yea, my thinking has been to move to a place that's already crushed, and I won't have to watch as this one explodes. :)
You want to leave a place that has become "crushed" that, suites your life style, to move to a place that is already "crushed" just so you don't have to watch the "crush"???????????
What am I missing?

Galt
Know the reasons for your actions

Hellmtflies
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Hellmtflies »

galt wrote:
01/20/22 15:50
Hellmtflies wrote:

Yea, my thinking has been to move to a place that's already crushed, and I won't have to watch as this one explodes. :)
You want to leave a place that has become "crushed" that, suites your life style, to move to a place that is already "crushed" just so you don't have to watch the "crush"???????????
What am I missing?

Galt
Stated simply in gest. :)

bassman
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bassman »

galt wrote:
Hellmtflies wrote:

What am I missing?

Galt
Humor and sarcasm?

3creeks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by 3creeks »

Are we not made of stronger stuff than to be offended by someones opinion in a post? I hate shutting down dialogue for fear of offending someone. It's become a national pastime. Boze Angeles? I actually LIVE in Los Angeles so I could choose to be offended if I wanted to be! But I prefer to point out the obvious, which is that as bad as you think you have it, there is no fly fishing or grouse hunting close enough to LA and the public golf courses, if you can get a tee time or walk on, promise you a 6-7 hour 18 hole round. Boze Angeles sounds pretty good to me.
Last edited by 3creeks on 01/20/22 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

galt
Master Guide

Post by galt »

bassman wrote:
01/20/22 17:27
galt wrote:
Hellmtflies wrote:

What am I missing?

Galt
Humor and sarcasm?
I doubt it considering Mark's other thread lamenting development and a desire to re-locate.

Galt
Know the reasons for your actions

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

Brooks wrote:
01/17/22 11:46
Its not fair to to say “developed by a Doctor”, but for me, it painted a picture that sure seems to ring true.
So it painted a picture of a person with a lot of money and bad taste. That's not exclusive to doctors.

Brooks
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Brooks »

Nope, its not exclusive.

Webfly
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Webfly »

Lawyers? :lol

C.Seidner

Post by C.Seidner »

Upstate NY, there I said it. Northern Catskills, small towns, lower taxes, golf courses everywhere, and world class trout fishing, world class Salmon fishing within 2 hours. Winters a bit harsh but that's what they make books for. PS: Moved here from Hudson county, NJ 33 years ago. ;)
What can Possibly go wrong????

tabrods406
Guide

Post by tabrods406 »

Word about town is that Simms is looking to relocate elsewhere because, in part, their employees can't find an affordable place to live....

Tom

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by PYochim »

B
Last edited by PYochim on 03/15/22 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

bluesjay
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by bluesjay »

Hi Guys, Here's Pete Seeger singing 'Little Boxes." Trouble is we all live in boxes.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_FB9bwyp6M

Jay Edwards

cdmoore
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by cdmoore »

Here's an interesting 3D map of housing by $ / sq ft across the country.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/intera ... g-markets/

And another showing the rate of increase over the last 5 years.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/map-wh ... g-fastest/

I'm shocked, but not surprised, by anything in either thread--we brought it all on ourselves.

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”