Replicas

or however that dang word is written! : ) Use this forum to discuss those things that are related to, directly, or indirectly, fly fishing, i.e., tackle, catalogs, single malt scotch, cigar preferences, pipes, camera gear, etc. This is sort of an off topic area but one related to bamboo and fly fishing.

Moderators: czkid, Whitefish Press

Random Casts
Master Guide

Replicas

Post by Random Casts »

Hi All,

My wife and I spent the better part of the ‘90s and ‘2Ks fishing south Florida. After selling our last flats boat a number years ago we have returned to our roots fishing trout waters. However I must admit that there is a soft spot in both our hearts for the warm waters of the 10Ks and the Everglades.

To that end I enlisted the aid of a local taxidermy firm that is internationally recognized for their mounts and replicas.

These may be out of place in our northern digs but for us they bring back fond memories of cruising the mangrove lined tidal creeks looking for rolling baby tarpon.

Richard
Random Casts

PYochim
Bamboo Fanatic

Re: Replicas

Post by PYochim »

Those look very nice.

Greg Reynolds
Bamboo Fanatic

Post by Greg Reynolds »

They do look nice. You have a beautiful home.

Random Casts
Master Guide

Post by Random Casts »

Thanks guys,

I was really amazed that even the inside of the tarpon’s mouths, tongue and gills were completed.

You know there should be an atomized air freshener called ‘mangroves at low tide’. Now that would really create an atmosphere that would take you back!

Richard
Random Casts

Return to “Ephemera, empherma and Ephemerella.....”